Chapter 68. Where do we Go from here?
- Hywel Williams MSC, PhD, FRCP Professor Dermato-Epidemiology Co-ordinating Editor
Published Online: 14 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2008 Blackwell Publishing
Evidence-Based Dermatology, Second Edition
How to Cite
Williams, H. (2008) Where do we Go from here?, in Evidence-Based Dermatology, Second Edition (ed H. Williams), Blackwell Publishing Ltd., Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781444300161.ch68
Centre of Evidence-Based Dermatology, Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
- Published Online: 14 JAN 2009
- Published Print: 11 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405145183
Online ISBN: 9781444300161
- evidence-based dermatology (EBD) practice;
- evidence-based dermatology and the future;
- keeping up to date and increasing precision;
- Systematic reviews of randomized clinical trials (RCTs);
- Cochrane Collaboration logo depicting systematic review;
- minimizing bias and identifying research gaps;
- EBD and its propensity to help change RCT agenda;
- threat of reductionism;
- evidence-based paralysis - paralyzed into therapeutic nihilism
This chapter contains sections titled:
What is the point of discussing evidence-based dermatology?
What exactly are the advantages of evidence-based dermatology?
What are the potential limitations of evidence-based dermatology?
Progress and future prospects for evidence-based dermatology