Chapter 33. Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Adults: Remission Induction Therapy
- Mark A. Crowther MD, MSc, FRCPC Professor Division Director2,3,
- Jeff Ginsberg MD, FRCPC Professor4,
- Holger J. Schünemann MD, PhD, MSc, FACP, FCCP Professor5,6,
- Ralph M. Meyer MD, FRCPC Director Professor7,8 and
- Richard Lottenberg MD, FACP Professor9
Published Online: 4 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
How to Cite
Rosenbaum, C. A. and Larson, R. A. (2009) Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Adults: Remission Induction Therapy, in Evidence-Based Hematology (eds M. A. Crowther, J. Ginsberg, H. J. Schünemann, R. M. Meyer and R. Lottenberg), Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781444300857.ch33
Division of Hematology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
St. Joseph's Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
CLARITY Research Group, Department of Epidemiology, Italian National Cancer Institute Regina Elena, Rome, Italy
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
National Cancer Institute of Canada, Clinical Trials Group, Edith Eisenhauer Chair in Clinical Cancer Research, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Departments of Oncology and Medicine, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- Published Online: 4 FEB 2009
- Published Print: 27 JUN 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405157476
Online ISBN: 9781444300857
- acute myeloid leukemia (AML);
- acute myeloid leukemia - remission;
- remission induction regimens and best outcomes;
- cytogenetic/molecular subsets in acute myeloid leukemia and treatment outcomes;
- cytarabine dose;
- optimum anthracycline agent and dose;
- role of multiple courses of induction therapy;
- SWOG/CALGB intergroup trial
This chapter contains sections titled:
Literature-search strategy and inclusions
Which remission induction regimens give the best outcomes?
What is the optimum anthracycline agent and dose?
What is the role of cytarabine dose?
What is the role of adding other agents to 7 + 3?
What is the role of multiple courses of induction therapy?
What is the role of myeloid growth factors in the initial treatment of AML?