Chapter 41. Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Mark A. Crowther MD, MSc, FRCPC Professor Division Director2,3,
- Jeff Ginsberg MD, FRCPC Professor4,
- Holger J. Schünemann MD, PhD, MSc, FACP, FCCP Professor5,6,
- Ralph M. Meyer MD, FRCPC Director Professor7,8,
- Richard Lottenberg MD, FACP Professor9
Published Online: 4 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
How to Cite
Crump, M. (2009) Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma, in Evidence-Based Hematology (eds M. A. Crowther, J. Ginsberg, H. J. Schünemann, R. M. Meyer and R. Lottenberg), Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781444300857.ch41
Division of Hematology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
St. Joseph's Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
CLARITY Research Group, Department of Epidemiology, Italian National Cancer Institute Regina Elena, Rome, Italy
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
National Cancer Institute of Canada, Clinical Trials Group, Edith Eisenhauer Chair in Clinical Cancer Research, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Departments of Oncology and Medicine, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- Published Online: 4 FEB 2009
- Published Print: 27 JUN 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405157476
Online ISBN: 9781444300857
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL);
- literature-search strategy and inclusion;
- patients with localized stages I and II DLBCL;
- rituximab with second-line chemotherapy prior to autologous transplantation for patients;
- advanced DLBCL and dose-dense chemotherapy supported by growth factors;
- Dutch-Belgium Group, HOVON;
- intensification of therapy using G-CS;
- DLBCL adult patients and CHOP chemotherapy with curative intent
This chapter contains sections titled:
Literature-search strategy and inclusion
Should patients with DLBCL receive involved-field radiation as part of primary therapy?
Should patients with a good response to chemotherapy who are at high risk for recurrence receive consolidation with autologous stem cell transplantation?
Should rituximab be added to second-line therapy for patients with relapsed disease?
Should patients with advanced DLBCL receive dose-dense chemotherapy supported by growth factors?
Should older patients with DLBCL receive CHOP chemotherapy with curative intent?