Chapter 43. Lymphoblastic Lymphoma
- Mark A. Crowther MD, MSc, FRCPC Professor Division Director2,3,
- Jeff Ginsberg MD, FRCPC Professor4,
- Holger J. Schünemann MD, PhD, MSc, FACP, FCCP Professor5,6,
- Ralph M. Meyer MD, FRCPC Director Professor7,8,
- Richard Lottenberg MD, FACP Professor9
Published Online: 4 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
How to Cite
Kang, T. Y. and Sweetenham, J. W. (2009) Lymphoblastic Lymphoma, in Evidence-Based Hematology (eds M. A. Crowther, J. Ginsberg, H. J. Schünemann, R. M. Meyer and R. Lottenberg), Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781444300857.ch43
Division of Hematology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
St. Joseph's Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
CLARITY Research Group, Department of Epidemiology, Italian National Cancer Institute Regina Elena, Rome, Italy
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
National Cancer Institute of Canada, Clinical Trials Group, Edith Eisenhauer Chair in Clinical Cancer Research, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Departments of Oncology and Medicine, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- Published Online: 4 FEB 2009
- Published Print: 27 JUN 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405157476
Online ISBN: 9781444300857
- Lymphoblastic lymphoma (LBL);
- aggressive ALL-type regimens and outcome improvement;
- comparison of treatment regimens and outcome;
- CNS prophylaxis and improved outcome;
- stem cell transplantation after first remission and improved outcome;
- mediastinal radiation in improved outcome;
- therapy with autologous transplantation preferred
This chapter contains sections titled:
Literature-search strategy and inclusion
Do aggressive ALL-type regimens improve outcome?
Does CNS prophylaxis improve outcome, including survival?
Does stem cell transplantation after first remission improve outcome?
Does the type of transplantation (autologous vs. allogeneic) influence outcome?
Does mediastinal radiation improve outcome?