Chapter 45. Management of Patients with Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma
- Mark A. Crowther MD, MSc, FRCPC Professor Division Director2,3,
- Jeff Ginsberg MD, FRCPC Professor4,
- Holger J. Schünemann MD, PhD, MSc, FACP, FCCP Professor5,6,
- Ralph M. Meyer MD, FRCPC Director Professor7,8,
- Richard Lottenberg MD, FACP Professor9
Published Online: 4 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
How to Cite
Savage, K. J. (2009) Management of Patients with Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma, in Evidence-Based Hematology (eds M. A. Crowther, J. Ginsberg, H. J. Schünemann, R. M. Meyer and R. Lottenberg), Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781444300857.ch45
Division of Hematology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
St. Joseph's Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
CLARITY Research Group, Department of Epidemiology, Italian National Cancer Institute Regina Elena, Rome, Italy
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
National Cancer Institute of Canada, Clinical Trials Group, Edith Eisenhauer Chair in Clinical Cancer Research, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Departments of Oncology and Medicine, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- Published Online: 4 FEB 2009
- Published Print: 27 JUN 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405157476
Online ISBN: 9781444300857
- Peripheral T-cell lymphomas (PTCLs);
- prognosis of peripheral T-cell lymphoma;
- PubMed database searched using “peripheral t-cell lymphoma and survival”;
- disease-free survival (DFS);
- evaluating prognosis in ALK pos and ALK neg T- and null-cell ALCL;
- CHOP - optimal therapy in PTCL;
- German Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Group (DSHNHL);
- extranodal NK/Tcell lymphoma (NK/TCL) in PTCL subtype in Asian populations
This chapter contains sections titled:
Literature-search strategy and inclusion
Is the prognosis of peripheral T-cell lymphoma inferior to patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma?
Are there any histologic subtypes of peripheral T-cell Lymphoma with a more favorable prognosis?
Is CHOP the optimal therapy in PTCL? Should any of the PTCL subtypes be treated differently?
Should patients with PTCL receive primary autologous stem cell transplantation in their primary therapy?
Is the outcome of patients with relapsed or refractory PTCL Similar to DLBCL following autologous stem cell transplantation?