Chapter 9. Nurse Prescribers Working as Part of a Team
Published Online: 1 JUL 2009
Copyright © 2009 Adrian Jones
Nurse Prescribing in Mental Health
How to Cite
Jones, A. (2009) Nurse Prescribers Working as Part of a Team, in Nurse Prescribing in Mental Health, Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781444311624.ch9
- Published Online: 1 JUL 2009
- Published Print: 20 MAR 2009
Print ISBN: 9781405170925
Online ISBN: 9781444311624
- psychiatric care today and nurse prescribers' role;
- nurse-prescribing journey - better use of nurses' skills and knowledge within team;
- prescribing responsibilities in teams;
- proxy prescribing - use of pro re nata (as required) (PRN) medication;
- teams - nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and psychiatrists;
- teams as part of mental health services;
- professional fragmentation;
- mental illness and disability - models, muddles and medicine
This chapter contains sections titled:
What is all the fuss about?
So who does the prescribing now?
Nature of teams
Is teamwork effective?
Professional disputes and rivalry
Views on mental illness and disability: Models, muddles and medicine
What impact will nurse prescribing have on other team members and the functioning of the team?
Strategies to overcome team tensions
Using teams and team functioning to help improve medicines management