Chapter 15. Advanced Nursing Practice in the Community
- David Sines Professor Executive Dean1,
- Mary Saunders Head1 and
- Janice Forbes-Burford Manager2
Published Online: 27 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Community Health Care Nursing, Fourth Edition
How to Cite
Maclaine, K. (2009) Advanced Nursing Practice in the Community, in Community Health Care Nursing, Fourth Edition (eds D. Sines, M. Saunders and J. Forbes-Burford), Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781444316247.ch15
Faculty of Health & Social Care, London South Bank University, London, UK
NHS South West, Essex, UK
- Published Online: 27 OCT 2009
- Published Print: 15 MAY 2009
Print ISBN: 9781405183406
Online ISBN: 9781444316247
- advanced nursing practice in community;
- National Health Service (NHS);
- advanced nursing practice;
- scope of practice, standards and competencies of advanced practice nurse;
- advanced nursing versus nursing;
- advanced nursing practice and autonomous practice;
- advanced versus specialist;
- advanced nursing versus advanced health care professionals;
- nurse practitioner/advanced nurse practitioner;
- NP education programme in UK and NP role benefits
This chapter contains sections titled:
Why advanced nursing practice?
What is advanced nursing practice?
Do titles matter?
Nurse practitioners – history and development
The community matron – history and development
Nurse consultant – history and development