Part 9. Designing Safer Chemicals
Published Online: 15 APR 2012
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. All rights reserved.
Handbook of Green Chemistry
How to Cite
Kümmerer, K. 2012. Drugs. Handbook of Green Chemistry. 9:9:251–279.
- Published Online: 15 APR 2012
The sections in this article are
- Pharmaceuticals – What They Are
- Pharmaceuticals in the Environment – Sources, Fate, and Effects
- Risk Management
- (Advanced) Effluent Treatment and Its Limitations
- Role of Patients, Pharmacists, and Doctors
- Role of the Drugs
- Designing Environmentally Safe Drugs
- What are Safe Drugs?
- Improvements Related to Use and After-Use Life
- Lower Activity Thresholds
- Drug Targeting, Drug Delivery, Degree of Metabolism
- Benign by Design
- Degradable Drugs – a Contradiction per se?
- Structure Matters
- Stability Versus Reactivity – How Stable Is Reactive Enough
- Examples Demonstrating Feasibility
- risk management;
- safer chemicals;
- green chemistry