The role of deliberate practice in chess expertise
Article first published online: 2 MAR 2005
Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Applied Cognitive Psychology
Special Issue: Recent Advances in Expertise Research
Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 151–165, March 2005
How to Cite
Charness, N., Tuffiash, M., Krampe, R., Reingold, E. and Vasyukova, E. (2005), The role of deliberate practice in chess expertise. Appl. Cognit. Psychol., 19: 151–165. doi: 10.1002/acp.1106
- Issue published online: 2 MAR 2005
- Article first published online: 2 MAR 2005
- National Institute on Aging (NIA). Grant Number: 5R01 AG13969
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada. Grant Number: NSERC A0790
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Max Planck Institute for Human Development and Education
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.