Dr. Maksymowych is a Scientist of the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research.
Systematic assessment of inflammation by magnetic resonance imaging in the posterior elements of the spine in ankylosing spondylitis
Article first published online: 28 DEC 2009
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 62, Issue 1, pages 4–10, 15 January 2010
How to Cite
Maksymowych, W. P., Crowther, S. M., Dhillon, S. S., Conner-Spady, B. and Lambert, R. G. W. (2010), Systematic assessment of inflammation by magnetic resonance imaging in the posterior elements of the spine in ankylosing spondylitis. Arthritis Care Res, 62: 4–10. doi: 10.1002/acr.20007
- Issue published online: 28 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 28 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Received: 11 FEB 2009
- 2Magnetic resonance imaging examinations of the spine in patients with ankylosing spondylitis, before and after successful therapy with infliximab: evaluation of a new scoring system. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 1126–36., , , , , , et al.
- 6Ankylosing Spondylitis Study for the Evaluation of Recombinant Infliximab Therapy Study Group. Efficacy and safety of infliximab in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: results of a randomized placebo-controlled trial (ASSERT). Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 582–91., , , , , , et al, and the
- 7M03–606 Study Group. Adalimumab significantly reduces both spinal and sacroiliac joint inflammation in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 4005–14., , , , , , et al, for the
- 8Canadian evaluation of low dose infliximab in ankylosing spondylitis (CANDLE) [abstract]. J Rheumatol 2008; 56: 1213–4., , , , , .
- 9A new approach to defining disease status in ankylosing spondylitis: the Bath Ankylosing Spondylitis disease activity index. J Rheumatol 1994; 1: 2286–91., , , , , .
- 11MRI assessment of spinal inflammation in ankylosing spondylitis: standard clinical protocols may omit inflammatory lesions in thoracic vertebrae. Arthritis Rheum (in press)., , , , .