Dr. Doshi has served on the Health Economics Advisory Boards for Amgen and Bristol-Myers Squibb and received a fee (less than $10,000 each), and has received research grant funding from Abbott Laboratories and Pfizer.
Impact of the medicare modernization act of 2003 on utilization and spending for medicare part B–covered biologics in rheumatoid arthritis
Version of Record online: 28 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 62, Issue 3, pages 354–361, March 2010
How to Cite
Doshi, J. A., Li, P. and Puig, A. (2010), Impact of the medicare modernization act of 2003 on utilization and spending for medicare part B–covered biologics in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 62: 354–361. doi: 10.1002/acr.20010
- Issue online: 25 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 28 JAN 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 JAN 2010 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Received: 15 OCT 2008
- Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics
- NIH/National Institute on Aging. Grant Number: 1-R01-AG024451-01
- Abbott Laboratories
- 1US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General. Appropriateness of Medicare prescription drug allowances. Washington (DC): HHS; 1996.
- 2US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General. Appropriateness of Medicare prescription drug allowances. Washington (DC): HHS; 1997.
- 3US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General. Medicare reimbursement of prescription drugs. Washington (DC): HHS; 2001.
- 4US General Accounting Office. Report to Congressional Committees. Medicare: payments for covered outpatient drugs exceed providers' cost. Washington (DC): GAO; 2001.
- 6Federal Register: rules and regulations. Vol. 69, no. 219. 2004. URL: http://www.edocket.access.gpo.gov/2004/pdf/04-24758.pdf.
- 7Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Report to the congress: variation and innovation in Medicare. June 2003. URL: http://www.medpac.gov/documents/June03_Entire_Report.pdf.
- 11Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Effect of Medicare payment changes on oncology services. 2006. URL: http://www.medpac.gov/documents/Jan07_PartB_mandated_report.pdf.
- 12Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Report to the congress: impact of changes in Medicare payments for part B drugs. 2007. URL: http://www.medpac.gov/documents/Jan07_partb_mandated_report.pdf.
- 14Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS), Health and Human Services. Physician volume and intensity response. Baltimore (MD): CMS; 1998.
- 19Research Data Assistance Center. Medicare data file descriptions. 2009. URL: http://www.resdac.umn.edu/Medicare/data_file_descriptions.asp#rif.
- 22Comparative effectiveness of drug therapy for rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis in adults. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2007., , , , , , et al.
- 24Projected patterns of compliance associated with remicade (infliximab) and enbrel (etarcept). J Rheumatol 2002; 29: 1568. [abstract]., , , , , .