Dr. Charles-Schoeman has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000) from Wyeth and a research grant (less than $10,000) from Amgen.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Low physical activity is associated with proinflammatory high-density lipoprotein and increased subclinical atherosclerosis in women with systemic lupus erythematosus
Version of Record online: 28 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 62, Issue 2, pages 258–265, February 2010
How to Cite
Volkmann, E. R., Grossman, J. M., Sahakian, L. J., Skaggs, B. J., FitzGerald, J., Ragavendra, N., Charles-Schoeman, C., Chen, W., Gorn, A., Karpouzas, G., Weisman, M., Wallace, D. J., Hahn, B. H. and McMahon, M. (2010), Low physical activity is associated with proinflammatory high-density lipoprotein and increased subclinical atherosclerosis in women with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Care Res, 62: 258–265. doi: 10.1002/acr.20076
- Issue online: 28 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 28 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Received: 13 APR 2009
- Lupus Research Institute
- Alliance for Lupus Research
- Kirkland Award
- Lupus Research Institute
- American College of Rheumatology Research and Education Foundation
- NIH. Grant Number: 1K23AR053864-01A1
- Arthritis Foundation
- Iris Cantor Women's Health Foundation
- 1Exercise and physical activity in the prevention and treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease: a statement from the Council on Clinical Cardiology (Subcommittee on Exercise, Rehabilitation, and Prevention) and the Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism (Subcommittee on Physical Activity). Circulation 2003; 107: 3109–16., , , , , , et al.
- 20Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology. Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1725., for the
- 21Inflammatory/antiinflammatory properties of high-density lipoprotein distinguish patients from control subjects better than high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and are favorably affected by simvastatin treatment. Circulation 2003; 108: 2751–6., , , , , , et al.
- 26Monocyte transmigration induced by modification of low density lipoprotein in cocultures of human aortic wall cells is due to induction of monocyte chemotactic protein 1 synthesis and is abolished by high density lipoprotein. J Clin Invest 1991; 88: 2039–46., , , , , , et al.
- 38B-mode ultrasound assessment of pravastatin treatment effect on carotid and femoral artery walls and its correlations with coronary arteriographic findings: a report of the Regression Growth Evaluation Statin Study (REGRESS). J Am Coll Cardiol 1998; 31: 1561–7., , , , , , et al.