Drs. Symmons and Hyrich are principal investigators on the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register.
Improvements in quality of life and functional status in patients with psoriatic arthritis receiving anti–tumor necrosis factor therapies†
Version of Record online: 25 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 62, Issue 3, pages 345–353, March 2010
How to Cite
Saad, A. A., Ashcroft, D. M., Watson, K. D., Symmons, D. P. M., Noyce, P. R., Hyrich, K. L. and British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register (2010), Improvements in quality of life and functional status in patients with psoriatic arthritis receiving anti–tumor necrosis factor therapies. Arthritis Care Res, 62: 345–353. doi: 10.1002/acr.20104
The British Society for Rheumatology receives restricted support from UK pharmaceutical companies, currently Abbott Laboratories, Amgen, Schering-Plough, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, and Roche, which finances a wholly separate contract between the British Society for Rheumatology and the University of Manchester, which provide and run the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register data collection, management, and analysis services
- Issue online: 25 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 25 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAR 2009
- UK pharmaceutical companies
- PhD studentship funding from the Egyptian Government
- 13Sustained benefits of infliximab therapy for dermatologic and articular manifestations of psoriatic arthritis: results from the Infliximab Multinational Psoriatic Arthritis Controlled Trial (IMPACT). Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 1227–36., , , , , , et al.
- 17Adalimumab Effectiveness in Psoriatic Arthritis Trial Study Group. Adalimumab for the treatment of patients with moderately to severely active psoriatic arthritis: results of a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 3279–89., , , , , , et al, for the
- 20British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Ann Rheum Dis 2003; 62 Suppl 2: ii28–9., , , .
- 22Electronic Medicines Compendium. Enbrel 25 mg powder and solvent for solution for injection: summary of product characteristics. 2009. URL: http://emc.medicines.org.uk/medicine/3343/SPC/Enbrel+25+mg+powder+and+solvent+for+solution+for+injection/.
- 23Electronic Medicines Compendium. Humira 40 mg solution for injection in pre-filled syringe: summary of product characteristics. 2009. URL: http://emc.medicines.org.uk/medicine/21201/SPC/Humira+Pen+and+Syringe/.
- 24Electronic Medicines Compendium. Remicade 100 mg powder for concentrate for solution and infusion: summary of product characteristics. 2009. URL: http://emc.medicines.org.uk/medicine/3236/SPC/Remicade+100mg+powder+for+concentrate+for+solution+for+infusion/.
- 27SF-36 health survey: manual and interpretation guide. Boston: The Health Institute, New England Medical Center; 1993., , , .
- 30Multiple imputation of missing values. Stata J 2004; 4: 227–41..
- 31Simple linear regression. In: Statistical modeling for biomedical researchers: a simple introduction to the analysis of complex data. 1st ed. Cambridge (UK): Cambridge University; 2002. p. 45–96..
- 35The comparative effectiveness of tumor necrosis factor–blocking agents in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and patients with ankylosing spondylitis: a six-month, longitudinal, observational, multicenter study. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 2506–12., , , , , , et al.
- 36The comparative one-year performance of anti–tumor necrosis factor α drugs in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis: results from a longitudinal, observational, multicenter study. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 59: 234–40., , , , , , et al.
- 42National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. NICE technology appraisal guidance 104: etanercept and infliximab for the treatment of adults with psoriatic arthritis. 2006. URL: http://www.nice.org.uk/TA104.
- 43National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. NICE technology appraisal guidance 125: adalimumab for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis. 2007. URL: http://www.nice.org.uk/TA125.