Dr. Siminoski has received consultancies, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Amgen and Proctor & Gamble.
Prevalent vertebral fractures among children initiating glucocorticoid therapy for the treatment of rheumatic disorders†
Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 62, Issue 4, pages 516–526, April 2010
How to Cite
Huber, A. M., Gaboury, I., Cabral, D. A., Lang, B., Ni, A., Stephure, D., Taback, S., Dent, P., Ellsworth, J., LeBlanc, C., Saint-Cyr, C., Scuccimarri, R., Hay, J., Lentle, B., Matzinger, M., Shenouda, N., Moher, D., Rauch, F., Siminoski, K. and Ward, L. M. (2010), Prevalent vertebral fractures among children initiating glucocorticoid therapy for the treatment of rheumatic disorders. Arthritis Care Res, 62: 516–526. doi: 10.1002/acr.20171
Members of the Canadian STOPP Consortium are listed in Appendix A
- Issue online: 30 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Received: 9 JUN 2009
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research
- Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Women and Children's Health Research Institute, University of Alberta
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research New Investigator Program and the Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Career Enhancement Program
- 21Bone mineral density in children and adolescents with systemic lupus erythematosus, juvenile dermatomyositis, and systemic vasculitis: relationship to disease duration, cumulative corticosteroid dose, calcium intake, and exercise. J Rheumatol 2005; 32: 729–33., , , , , , et al.
- 31Institute of Medicine. Dietary reference intakes for calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin D, fluoride. Washington (DC): National Academy Press; 1997.
- 33World Health Organization Multicentre Growth Reference Study Group. WHO child growth standards: length/height-for-age, weight-for-age, weight-for-length, weight-for-height and body mass index-for-age. Methods and development. Geneva: WHO; 2006. p. 229–300.
- 37Development and validation of the Habitual Activity Estimation Scale (HAES). Child Exerc 1997; 19: 125–9..
- 41Juvenile Dermatomyositis Disease Activity Collaborative Study Group. Development of validated disease activity and damage indices for the juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. I. Physician, parent, and patient global assessments. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1976–83., , , , , , et al, and the
- 42Advanced vertebral fracture among newly diagnosed children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of the Canadian Steroid-Associated Osteoporosis in the Pediatric Population (STOPP) research program. J Bone Miner Res 2009; 24: 1326–34., , , , , , et al.
- 43Radiographic atlas of skeletal development of the hand and wrist. 2nd ed. Stanford (CA): University Press; 1959., .
- 45Metacarpal lengths, cortical diameters and areas from the 10-state nutrition survey. In: JaworskiZF, editor. Proceedings of the First Workshop on Bone Morphometry. Ottawa (Canada): University of Ottawa Press; 1976. p. 367–91., , .
- 46An atlas of normal developmental anatomy. 2nd ed. Chicago: Year Book Medical Publishers; 1977., .