Effects of duration of glucocorticoid therapy on relapse rate in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody–associated vasculitis: A meta-analysis
Article first published online: 16 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 62, Issue 8, pages 1166–1173, August 2010
How to Cite
Walsh, M., Merkel, P. A., Mahr, A. and Jayne, D. (2010), Effects of duration of glucocorticoid therapy on relapse rate in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody–associated vasculitis: A meta-analysis. Arthritis Care Res, 62: 1166–1173. doi: 10.1002/acr.20176
- Issue published online: 3 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 16 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Received: 4 DEC 2008
- NIH. Grant Number: AR47785
- Vasculitis Clinical Research Consortium () through a grant from the NIH (National Center for Research Resources and National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases) [http://www.RareDiseasesNetwork.org/vcrc]. Grant Number: U54-RR019497
- Postdoctoral fellowship grants from the Kidney Research Scientist Core Education National Training program and the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research
- Mid-Career Development Award in Clinical Investigation (NIH/National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases). Grant Number: K24-AR02224
- 10Intravenous pulse administration of cyclophosphamide versus daily oral treatment in patients with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody–associated vasculitis and renal involvement: a prospective, randomized study. Arthritis Rheum 1998; 41: 1835–44., , , , , , et al.
- 14European Vasculitis Study Group. Randomized trial of cyclophosphamide versus methotrexate for induction of remission in early systemic antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody–associated vasculitis. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 2461–9., , , , , , et al, for the
- 16OMERACT 7. Proceedings of the International Consensus Conference on Outcome Measures in Rheumatology Clinical Trials. 2004 May 8–12. Asilomar, California. J Rheumatol 2005; 32: 2447–95.
- 23A prospective, multicenter, randomized trial comparing steroids and pulse cyclophosphamide versus steroids and oral cyclophosphamide in the treatment of generalized Wegener's granulomatosis. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 2187–98., , , , , , et al.
- 24French Vasculitis Study Group. Treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and microscopic polyangiitis with poor prognosis factors: a prospective trial comparing glucocorticoids and six or twelve cyclophosphamide pulses in sixty-five patients. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 49: 93–100., , , , , , et al, and the
- 29Randomised controlled trial of daily oral versus pulse cyclophosphamide for induction of remission in ANCA-associated systemic vasculitis [abstract]. Kidney Blood Pres Res 2005; 28: 195., , , .
- 35A staged approach to the treatment of Wegener's granulomatosis: induction of remission with glucocorticoids and daily cyclophosphamide switching to methotrexate for remission maintenance. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 2666–73., , , .