Drs. Cheung and Ruyssen-Witrand contributed equally to the conception, design, analysis, and interpretation of data, and to the drafting of the manuscript.
Reliability of patient self-evaluation of swollen and tender joints in rheumatoid arthritis: A comparison study with ultrasonography, physician, and nurse assessments
Version of Record online: 16 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 62, Issue 8, pages 1112–1119, August 2010
How to Cite
Cheung, P. P., Ruyssen-Witrand, A., Gossec, L., Paternotte, S., Le Bourlout, C., Mazieres, M. and Dougados, M. (2010), Reliability of patient self-evaluation of swollen and tender joints in rheumatoid arthritis: A comparison study with ultrasonography, physician, and nurse assessments. Arthritis Care Res, 62: 1112–1119. doi: 10.1002/acr.20178
- Issue online: 3 AUG 2010
- Version of Record online: 16 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Received: 27 SEP 2009
- 2009 ARTICULUM Fellowship
- 9Reliability of measures of disease activity and disease damage in rheumatoid arthritis: implications for smallest detectable difference, minimal clinically important difference, and analysis of treatment effects in randomised controlled trials. J Rheumatol 2001; 28: 892–903., , , , .
- 10Limitations of a quantitative swollen and tender joint count to assess and monitor patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis 2008; 66: 216–23..
- 16EULAR Standing Committee for International Clinical Studies Including Therapeutic Trials. The EULAR handbook of clinical assessments in rheumatoid arthritis. Alpen an den Rijn (The Netherlands): Van Zuiden Communications; 2000., , , on behalf of the
- 22Using a modified Stanford Health Assessment Questionnaire to access disability in UK patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 1983; 42: 219–20., .
- 32Patient reported swollen and tender 28–joint counts accurately represent RA disease activity and can be used to calculate DAS28 on a group level [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58 Suppl: S1598., , , , , , et al.
- 33Validation of a disease activity score using patient derived joint counts [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56 Suppl: S1806., , , .
- 34The value of patient self assessment of joints in rheumatoid arthritis [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58 Suppl: S556., , , .
- 36Ultrasonography versus clinical synovitis count for the calculation of the disease activity score in rheumatoid arthritis [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2009; 68 Suppl: S0489., , , , , , et al.
- 37Validation of the 28-joint Disease Activity Score (DAS28) and European League Against Rheumatism response criteria based on C-reactive protein against disease progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and comparison with the DAS28 based on erythrocyte sedimentation rate. Ann Rheum Dis 2009; 83: 954–60., , , , , , et al.
- 39Patients self-assessment of joint swelling and tenderness in rheumatoid arthritis: longitudinal validity and the role of training [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2009; 68 Suppl: S120., , , , .