Dr. Kohane has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000) from Merck. Dr. Plenge has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000) from Biogen-Idec.
Electronic medical records for discovery research in rheumatoid arthritis†
Version of Record online: 16 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 62, Issue 8, pages 1120–1127, August 2010
How to Cite
Liao, K. P., Cai, T., Gainer, V., Goryachev, S., Zeng-treitler, Q., Raychaudhuri, S., Szolovits, P., Churchill, S., Murphy, S., Kohane, I., Karlson, E. W. and Plenge, R. M. (2010), Electronic medical records for discovery research in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 62: 1120–1127. doi: 10.1002/acr.20184
The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Library of Medicine or the NIH.
- Issue online: 3 AUG 2010
- Version of Record online: 16 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Received: 7 NOV 2009
- National Library of Medicine. Grant Number: U54LM008748
- NIH. Grant Numbers: T32-AR055885, R01-LM007222, R01-DK075837, R01-LM009966, R21-NR0101710-01, R21-NS067463, K08-AR-055688-01A1, UL1-RR02578-01, R01-HL091495-01A1, R01-AR049880, P60-AR047782, K24-AR0524-01, R01-AR057108, R01-AR056768, U54-LM00878)
- i2b2. Grant Number: (NIH U54-LM008748)
- Career Award for Medical Scientists from the Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- 12Improving the sensitivity of the problem list in an intensive care unit by using natural language processing. AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2006: 554–8., .
- 14Building an automated problem list based on natural language processing: lessons learned in the early phase of development. AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2008: 687–91., , , , , , et al.
- 15Extraction and mapping of drug names from free text to a standardized nomenclature. AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2007: 438–42., , , .
- 16Comparative evaluation of accuracy of extraction of medication information from narrative physician notes by commercial and academic natural language processing software packages. AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2006: 789–93., , , , , , et al.
- 20GATE: a TIPSTER-based general architecture for text engineering. Proceedings of the TIPSTER Text Program (Phase III) 6 Month Workshop, DARPA, California; 1997., , , .
- 23On the “degrees of freedom” of the Lasso. Stanford (CA): Stanford University Department of Statistics; 2004., , .
- 24The elements of statistical learning: data mining, inference, and prediction. New York: Springer-Verlag; 2001., , .
- 28The performance of anti–cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies in predicting the severity of radiologic damage in inflammatory polyarthritis: results from the Norfolk Arthritis Register. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 2929–35., , , , , , et al.