Dr. Singer has received consultancy fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Amgen, Abbott, and UCB.
Performance of rheumatoid arthritis disease activity measures and juvenile arthritis disease activity scores in polyarticular-course juvenile idiopathic arthritis: Analysis of their ability to classify the American College of Rheumatology pediatric measures of response and the preliminary criteria for flare and inactive disease†‡
Article first published online: 30 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 62, Issue 8, pages 1095–1102, August 2010
How to Cite
Ringold, S., Bittner, R., Neogi, T., Wallace, C. A. and Singer, N. G. (2010), Performance of rheumatoid arthritis disease activity measures and juvenile arthritis disease activity scores in polyarticular-course juvenile idiopathic arthritis: Analysis of their ability to classify the American College of Rheumatology pediatric measures of response and the preliminary criteria for flare and inactive disease. Arthritis Care Res, 62: 1095–1102. doi: 10.1002/acr.20205
Presented in part at the 73rd Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology, Philadelphia, PA, October 2009.
Centocor provided the raw data for these analyses.
- Issue published online: 3 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 30 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Received: 16 SEP 2009
- American College of Rheumatology Research and Education Clinical Investigator Fellowship award
- Seattle Children's Hospital Center for Clinical and Translation Research, Mentored Scientist Program
- 8Associations between the American College of Rheumatology pediatric response measures and the continuous measures of disease activity used in adult rheumatoid arthritis: a secondary analysis of clinical trial data from children with polyarticular-course juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 3776–83., , .
- 10Paediatric Rheumatology International Trials Organisation and the Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Study Group. A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of infliximab plus methotrexate for the treatment of polyarticular-course juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 3096–106., , , , , , et al, for the
- 12Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .
- 15The statistical evaluation of medical tests for classification and prediction. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2003..
- 162008. URL: www.bepress.com/uwbiostat/paper323., , . Estimation and comparison of receiver operating characteristic curves: UW biostatistics working paper series.
- 17Applied logistic regression. 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons; 2000., .
- 18A comparison of response criteria to evaluate therapeutic response in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis treated with methotrexate and/or anti–tumor necrosis factor α agents. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1602–7., , , , , , et al.