Dr. Saag has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Lilly, Merck, Aventis, NicOx, Genentech, and Pfizer, and (more than $10,000 each) from Amgen and Novartis.
Special Articles: Quality of Care in the Rheumatic Diseases
Defining quality of care in rheumatology: The American College of Rheumatology white paper on quality measurement
Version of Record online: 28 DEC 2010
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 63, Issue 1, pages 2–9, January 2011
How to Cite
Saag, K. G., Yazdany, J., Alexander, C., Caplan, L., Coblyn, J., Desai, S. P., Harrington, T., Liu, J., McNiff, K., Newman, E., Olson, R. and American College of Rheumatology Quality Measurement White Paper Development Workgroup (2011), Defining quality of care in rheumatology: The American College of Rheumatology white paper on quality measurement. Arthritis Care Res, 63: 2–9. doi: 10.1002/acr.20369
- Issue online: 28 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 28 DEC 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 OCT 2010 09:13AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Received: 14 DEC 2009
- 1Committee on Quality of Health Care in America, Institute of Medicine. Kohn LT, Corrigan JM, Donaldson MS, editors. To err is human: building a safer health system. Washington (DC): National Academy Press; 2000.
- 2Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Institute of Medicine. Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century. Washington (DC): National Academy Press; 2001.
- 23The American College of Rheumatology. Quality measures. 2010. URL: http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/quality/quality.asp.
- 25Explorations in quality assessment and monitoring. Vol. 1. The definition of quality and approaches to its assessment. Ann Arbor (MI): Health Administration Press; 1980..
- 26National Quality Measures Clearinghouse. Inclusion criteria. 2010. URL: http://qualitymeasures.ahrq.gov/about/inclusion-criteria/aspx.
- 28National Quality Measures Clearinghouse. Summary of measure attributes. 2010. URL: http://qualitymeasures.ahrq.gov/selecting-and-using.aspx#attributes.
- 29National Quality Measures Clearinghouse. Using measures. 2010. URL: http://qualitymeasures.ahrq.gov/selecting-and-using/using.aspx.
- 36Institute of Medicine. Corrigan JM, Eden J, Smith DM, editors. Leadership by example: coordinating government roles in improving health care quality. Washington (DC): National Academies Press; 2002.
- 40Adler M, Ziglio E, editors. Gazing into the oracle: the Delphi method and its application to social policy and public health. London: Jessica Kingsly; 1996.
- 41Foundations of clinical research: applications to practice. Upper Saddle River (NJ): Prentice Hall; 2000., .
- 42Illinois Institute of Technology. The Delphi method. 2009. URL: http://www.iit.edu/∼it/delphi.html.