Dr. Barnabe has received speaking fees and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Abbott and Amgen/Wyeth.
Special Theme Articles: Vascular Comordibidity in the Rheumatic Diseases
Systematic review and meta-analysis: Anti–tumor necrosis factor α therapy and cardiovascular events in rheumatoid arthritis
Article first published online: 30 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 63, Issue 4, pages 522–529, April 2011
How to Cite
Barnabe, C., Martin, B.-J. and Ghali, W. A. (2011), Systematic review and meta-analysis: Anti–tumor necrosis factor α therapy and cardiovascular events in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 63: 522–529. doi: 10.1002/acr.20371
- Issue published online: 30 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 30 MAR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 OCT 2010 01:08PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Received: 7 MAY 2010
- UCBeyond-The Arthritis Society-Canadian Rheumatology Association Post-Graduate Rheumatology Fellowship
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Government of Canada Research Chair in Health Services Research
- Senior Health Scholar award from the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research
- 9HigginsJP, GreenS, editors. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions: version 5.0.2. The Cochrane Collaboration; 2009.
- 10EggerM, SmithGD, AltmanDG, editors. Systematic reviews in health care: meta-analysis in context. London: BMJ Publishing Group; 2001.
- 14British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register Control Centre Consortium, , et al, on behalf of the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Reduction in the incidence of myocardial infarction in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who respond to anti–tumor necrosis factor α therapy: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 2905–12., , , , the
- 27Improvement of lipid profile is accompanied by atheroprotective alterations in high-density lipoprotein composition upon tumor necrosis factor blockade: a prospective cohort study in ankylosing spondylitis. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 1324–30., , , , , , et al.
- 31Certolizumab pegol plus methotrexate is significantly more effective than placebo plus methotrexate in active rheumatoid arthritis: findings of a fifty-two–week, phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58: 3319–29., , , , , , et al.
- 32Active-Controlled Study of Patients Receiving Infliximab for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of Early Onset Study Group. Combination of infliximab and methotrexate therapy for early rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 3432–43., , , , , , et al, for the
- 35The effect of rheumatic disease treatment on the risk of myocardial infarction: increased risk from rofecoxib, valdecoxib and celecoxib; decreased risk from anti-TNF therapy [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56 Suppl: S535., .
- 36Swedish ARTIS Group. Anti-TNF therapy in RA and risk of acute myocardial infarction (AMI), stroke and any cardiovascular (CVD) events up to 7 years after treatment start [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58 Suppl: S900., , , , , for the
- 38TNF blocker use and cardiovascular outcomes [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58 Suppl: S544., , , , , , et al.