The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Evaluation of group and self-directed formats of the Arthritis Foundation's Walk With Ease Program†
Article first published online: 1 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 63, Issue 8, pages 1098–1107, August 2011
How to Cite
Callahan, L. F., Shreffler, J. H., Altpeter, M., Schoster, B., Hootman, J., Houenou, L. O., Martin, K. R. and Schwartz, T. A. (2011), Evaluation of group and self-directed formats of the Arthritis Foundation's Walk With Ease Program. Arthritis Care Res, 63: 1098–1107. doi: 10.1002/acr.20490
- Issue published online: 1 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 1 AUG 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 MAY 2011 02:58PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 2011
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Association of American Medical Colleges. Grant Number: MM-0975-07/07
- 3The Arthritis Foundation and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A national public health agenda for osteoarthritis. 2010. URL: http://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/docs/OAagenda.pdf.
- 4Physical Activity Guidelines Committee. Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee report. Washington (DC): US Department of Health and Human Services; 2008.
- 8Factors that influence exercise among adults with arthritis in three activity levels. Prev Chronic Dis 2006; 3: A81., , , , .
- 10Arthritis Foundation. Walk with ease: your guide to walking for better health, improved fitness and less pain. Atlanta: Arthritis Foundation; 1999.
- 12Methodological tips for overcoming formative evaluation challenges: the case of the Arthritis Foundation Walk With Ease program. Health Promot Pract. E-pub ahead of print. URL: http://hpp.sagepub.com/content/early/2011/06/15/1524839910384060.full.pdf+html., , , .
- 13Transtheoretical therapy: toward a more integrative model of change. Psychol Psychother Theor Res Pract 1982; 19: 276–87., .
- 15Development and validation of a functional fitness test for community-residing older adults. J Aging Phys Act 1999; 7: 129–61., .
- 18Evaluating the risk of dependence in activities of daily living among community-living older adults with mild to moderate cognitive impairment. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 1995; 50A: M235–41., , .
- 20Outcome measures for health education and other health care interventions. Thousand Oaks (CA): Sage Publications; 1996., , , , , .
- 21Health perceptions, energy/fatigue, and health distress measures. In: Stewart AL, Ware JE, editors. Measuring functioning and well-being: the Medical Outcomes Study approach. Durham (NC): Duke University Press; 1992. p. 143–72., , .