Radiographic prognosis of finger joint damage predicted by early alteration in synovial vascularity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: Potential utility of power doppler sonography in clinical practice†
Article first published online: 29 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 63, Issue 9, pages 1247–1253, September 2011
How to Cite
Fukae, J., Isobe, M., Kitano, A., Henmi, M., Sakamoto, F., Narita, A., Ito, T., Mitsuzaki, A., Shimizu, M., Tanimura, K., Matsuhashi, M., Kamishima, T., Atsumi, T. and Koike, T. (2011), Radiographic prognosis of finger joint damage predicted by early alteration in synovial vascularity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: Potential utility of power doppler sonography in clinical practice. Arthritis Care Res, 63: 1247–1253. doi: 10.1002/acr.20517
- Issue published online: 29 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 29 AUG 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 JUN 2011 01:18PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Received: 15 FEB 2011
- 7Longitudinal power Doppler ultrasonographic assessment of joint inflammatory activity in early rheumatoid arthritis: predictive value in disease activity and radiologic progression. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 57: 116–24., , , , , , et al.
- 10Change of synovial vascularity in a single finger joint assessed by power Doppler sonography correlated with radiographic change in rheumatoid arthritis: comparative study of a novel quantitative score with a semiquantitative score. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2010; 62: 657–63., , , , , , et al.
- 20Study of active controlled monotherapy used for rheumatoid arthritis, an IL-6 inhibitor (SAMURAI): evidence of clinical and radiographic benefit from an x ray reader-blinded randomised controlled trial of tocilizumab. Ann Rheum Dis 2007; 66: 1162–7., , , , , , et al.
- 21Humanized anti-interleukin- 6-receptor antibody (tocilizumab) monotherapy is more effective in slowing radiographic progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis at high baseline risk for structural damage evaluated with levels of biomarkers, radiography, and BMI: data from the SAMURAI study. Mod Rheumatol 2011; 21: 10–5., , , , , , et al.
- 22Erosive progression is minimal, but erosion healing rare, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with adalimumab: a 1 year investigator-initiated follow-up study using high-resolution computed tomography as the primary outcome measure. Ann Rheum Dis 2009; 68: 1585–90., , , , , , et al.
- 23No overall progression and occasional repair of erosions despite persistent inflammation in adalimumab-treated rheumatoid arthritis patients: results from a longitudinal comparative MRI, ultrasonography, CT and radiography study. Ann Rheum Dis 2011; 70: 252–8., , , , , , et al.
- 24Presence of significant synovitis in rheumatoid arthritis patients with disease-modifying antirheumatic drug–induced clinical remission: evidence from an imaging study may explain structural progression. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3761–73., , , , , , et al.