Dr. Lems has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Merck and Pfizer.
Knee Osteoarthritis and Chondrocalcinosis
Identification of phenotypes with different clinical outcomes in knee osteoarthritis: Data from the osteoarthritis initiative†
Version of Record online: 27 OCT 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 63, Issue 11, pages 1535–1542, November 2011
How to Cite
Knoop, J., van der Leeden, M., Thorstensson, C. A., Roorda, L. D., Lems, W. F., Knol, D. L., Steultjens, M. P. M. and Dekker, J. (2011), Identification of phenotypes with different clinical outcomes in knee osteoarthritis: Data from the osteoarthritis initiative. Arthritis Care Res, 63: 1535–1542. doi: 10.1002/acr.20571
This manuscript was prepared using an Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) public use data set and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of the OAI investigators, the NIH, or the private funding partners.
- Issue online: 27 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 27 OCT 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 SEP 2011 10:32AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 3 FEB 2011
- Dutch Arthritis Association
- NIH, a branch of the Department of Health and Human Services. Grant Numbers: N01-AR-2-2258, N01-AR-2-2259, N01-AR-2-2260, N01-AR-2-2261, N01-AR-2-2262
- OAI study investigators
- Merck Research Laboratories
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Foundation for the NIH
- 8The economic burden of osteoarthritis. Am J Manag Care 2009; 15 Suppl: S230–5..
- 10Cluster analysis. 4th ed. London: Arnold; 2001., , .
- 26Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic: report of a WHO consultation. World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser 2000; 894: 1–253.
- 29Handbook of pain assessment. 2nd ed. New York: Guilford Press; 2001., .
- 34Algorithms for clustering data. 1st ed. Englewood Cliffs (NJ): Prentice-Hall; 1988., .
- 35SAS Institute. SAS/STAT(R) user's guide. 2nd ed. 2008.
- 37A dendrite method for cluster analysis. Commun Stat 1974; 3: 1–27., .
- 40Euclidean cluster analysis. Bull Int Stat Inst 1969; 43: 92–4..
- 41Applied multivariate methods for data analysis. Pacific Grove (CA): Brooks/Cole Publishing Company; 1998..
- 42Applied regression analysis and other multivariable methods. Boston: PWS-Kent Publishing Company; 1988., , .
- 44Smallest detectable and minimal clinically important differences of rehabilitation intervention with their implications for required sample sizes using WOMAC and SF-36 quality of life measurement instruments in patients with osteoarthritis of the lower extremities. Arthritis Rheum 2001; 45: 384–91., , .