Drs. Rodd and Lang contributed equally to this work.
Incident vertebral fractures among children with rheumatic disorders 12 months after glucocorticoid initiation: A national observational study
Article first published online: 28 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 1, pages 122–131, January 2012
How to Cite
Rodd, C., Lang, B., Ramsay, T., Alos, N., Huber, A. M., Cabral, D. A., Scuccimarri, R., Miettunen, P. M., Roth, J., Atkinson, S. A., Couch, R., Cummings, E. A., Dent, P. B., Ellsworth, J., Hay, J., Houghton, K., Jurencak, R., Larché, M., LeBlanc, C., Oen, K., Saint-Cyr, C., Stein, R., Stephure, D., Taback, S., Lentle, B., Matzinger, M., Shenouda, N., Moher, D., Rauch, F., Siminoski, K., Ward, L. M. and Canadian Steroid-Associated Osteoporosis in the Pediatric Population (STOPP) Consortium (2012), Incident vertebral fractures among children with rheumatic disorders 12 months after glucocorticoid initiation: A national observational study. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 122–131. doi: 10.1002/acr.20589
- Issue published online: 28 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 28 DEC 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 AUG 2011 10:14AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 1 APR 2011
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, University of Ottawa
- Women and Children's Health Research Institute, University of Alberta
- Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Career Enhancement Program
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research New Investigator Program
- 1Bone mineral density in children and adolescents with systemic lupus erythematosus, juvenile dermatomyositis, and systemic vasculitis: relationship to disease duration, cumulative corticosteroid dose, calcium intake, and exercise. J Rheumatol 2005; 32: 729–33., , , , , , et al.
- 13Institute of Medicine. Dietary reference intakes for calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin D, fluoride. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1997.
- 16World Health Organization Multicentre Growth Reference Study Group. WHO child growth standards: length/height-for-age, weight-for-age, weight-for-length, weight-for-height and body mass index-for-age: methods and development. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2006.
- 17Development and validation of the Habitual Activity Estimation Scale (HAES). Children Exerc 1997; 19: 125–9..
- 20Juvenile Dermatomyositis Disease Activity Collaborative Study Group. Development of validated disease activity and damage indices for the juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. I. Physician, parent, and patient global assessments. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1976–83., , , , , , et al, in collaboration with the
- 33Activation of the inducible nitric oxide synthase pathway contributes to inflammation-induced osteoporosis by suppressing bone formation and causing osteoblast apoptosis. Arthritis Rheum 2001; 44: 2790–6., , , , , , et al.