Dr. Speyer has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000) from Amgen.
Changes in hand bone mineral density and the association with the level of disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: Bone mineral density measurements in a multicenter randomized clinical trial†
Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 63, Issue 12, pages 1691–1699, December 2011
How to Cite
Dirven, L., Güler-Yüksel, M., de Beus, W. M., Ronday, H. K., Speyer, I., Huizinga, T. W. J., Dijkmans, B. A. C., Allaart, C. F. and Lems, W. F. (2011), Changes in hand bone mineral density and the association with the level of disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: Bone mineral density measurements in a multicenter randomized clinical trial. Arthritis Care Res, 63: 1691–1699. doi: 10.1002/acr.20612
Nederlands Trial Register indentifier: NTR265.
- Issue online: 29 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 SEP 2011 03:40PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAY 2011
- The BeSt (Behandelstrategieën voor Reumatoide Artritis) study was supported by the Dutch College of Health Insurances
- 12Receptor activator NF-κB ligand (RANKL) expression in synovial tissue from patients with rheumatoid arthritis, spondyloarthropathy, osteoarthritis, and from normal patients: semiquantitative and quantitative analysis. Ann Rheum Dis 2002; 61: 1047–54., , , , , , et al.
- 14Modulation of RANKL and osteoprotegerin expression in synovial tissue from patients with rheumatoid arthritis in response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drug treatment and correlation with radiologic outcome. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 59: 911–20., , , , , , et al.
- 22Aiming at low disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis with initial combination therapy or initial monotherapy strategies: the BeSt study. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2006; 24 Suppl: S77–82., , , , .
- 37Remission achieved after 2 years treatment with low-dose prednisolone in addition to disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs in early rheumatoid arthritis is associated with reduced joint destruction still present after 4 years: an open 2-year continuation study. Ann Rheum Dis 2009; 68: 508–13., , , , , .
- 40Presence of significant synovitis in rheumatoid arthritis patients with disease-modifying antirheumatic drug–induced clinical remission: evidence from an imaging study may explain structural progression. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3761–73., , , , , , et al.
- 41Disease remission state in patients treated with the combination of tumor necrosis factor blockade and methotrexate or with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: a clinical and imaging comparative study. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 1915–22., , , , , , et al.