Dr. Bernatsky is a Canadian Arthritis Network Scholar
Self-management strategies in overweight and obese Canadians with arthritis
Version of Record online: 25 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 2, pages 280–286, February 2012
How to Cite
Bernatsky, S., Rusu, C., O'Donnell, S., Mackay, C., Hawker, G., Canizares, M. and Badley, E. (2012), Self-management strategies in overweight and obese Canadians with arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 280–286. doi: 10.1002/acr.20654
- Issue online: 25 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 25 JAN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 OCT 2011 08:40AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 24 MAY 2011
- Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec
- McGill University Health Centre Research Institute and Department of Medicine
- The Arthritis Society
- F.M. Hill Chair in Academic Women's Medicine
- 2Public Health Agency of Canada. Life with arthritis in Canada: a personal and public health challenge. Ottawa: Public Health Agency of Canada; 2010.
- 6H.R.1283: Arthritis Prevention, Control, and Cure Act of 2007. URL: http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-h1283/show.
- 9Statistics Canada. Survey on living with chronic diseases in Canada: arthritis component, 2009 questionnaire. Ottawa: Statistics Canada; 2009.
- 10Statistics Canada. Data users guide 2009: survey on living with chronic diseases in Canada. Ottawa: Statistics Canada; 2009.
- 11World Health Organization. Fact sheet: obesity and overweight. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2006. URL: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/.
- 13Health status, physical disability, and obesity among adult Mississippians with chronic joint symptoms or doctor- diagnosed arthritis: findings from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2003. Prev Chronic Dis 2008; 5: A85., , , , , .
- 16Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Arthritis basics. URL: http://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/basics/general.htm.