Presented by Ms McDonald and Ms Dietrich in partial fulfillment of the requirements for an MOT degree, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Exploring occupational disruption among women after onset of rheumatoid arthritis†
Version of Record online: 25 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 2, pages 197–205, February 2012
How to Cite
McDonald, H. N., Dietrich, T., Townsend, A., Li, L. C., Cox, S. and Backman, C. L. (2012), Exploring occupational disruption among women after onset of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 197–205. doi: 10.1002/acr.20668
- Issue online: 25 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 25 JAN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 OCT 2011 10:25AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2011
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- American College of Rheumatology Research and Education Foundation (funding for the original Early Rheumatoid Arthritis Help Seeking Experience study)
- American College of Rheumatology Health Professional New Investigator Award
- 3Good days, bad days: the self in chronic illness and time. New Brunswick (NJ): Rutgers University Press; 1991..
- 12Model of human occupation: theory and application. 4th ed. Baltimore (MD): Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008..
- 15Living with rheumatoid arthritis: strategies that support independence and autonomy in everyday life. Physiother Theory Pract 2004; 20: 221–31., .
- 22Crossing the threshold: help-seeking for early symptoms in people with rheumatoid arthritis [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60 Suppl: S758., , , , , , et al.
- 23Erahse Team. Mapping pathways through care: accounts of help-seeking in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62 Suppl: S960., , , , ,
- 26Working to manage chronic illness in daily life. Occup Ther Now 2011; 13: 20–2..
- 28Phenomenography: a research approach to investigating different understandings of reality. J Thought 1986; 21: 28–49..
- 29Bowden JA, Walsh E, editors. Phenomenography. Melbourne: RMIT University Press; 2000.
- 30Bowden JA, Green P, editors. Doing developmental phenomenography. Melbourne: RMIT University Press; 2005.
- 31Phenomonography as a qualitative approach in social pharmacy research. J Soc Adm Pharm 1991; 8: 150–6., .
- 32A rigorous journey into phenomenography: from a naturalistic inquirer standpoint. In: Bowden JA, Green P, editors. Doing developmental phenomenography. Melbourne: RMIT University Press; 2005. p. 32–46..
- 33Learning to do phenomenography: a reflective discussion. In: Bowden JA, Green P, editors. Doing developmental phenomenography. Melbourne: RMIT University Press; 2005. p. 74–100., , .
- 341998. URL: http://sru.soc.surrey.ac.uk/SRU22.html.. Social research update 22: secondary analysis of qualitative data.
- 35Managing chronic illness at home: three lines of work. Qual Sociol 1985; 8: 224–47., .
- 36Unending work and care: managing chronic illness at home. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 1988., .
- 45Negotiating occupational identities while living with chronic rheumatic disease. Scand J Occup Ther 2003; 10: 167–76., .