Dr. Solomon has received research grants from Amgen, Abbott, and Lilly, conducted an educational course sponsored by Bristol-Myers Squibb, has had unpaid positions on two Pfizer-sponsored trials (neither involving disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs), and is a consultant to CORRONA regarding epidemiology.
Use of disease-modifying medications for rheumatoid arthritis by race and ethnicity in the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey
Article first published online: 25 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 2, pages 184–189, February 2012
How to Cite
Solomon, D. H., Ayanian, J. Z., Yelin, E., Shaykevich, T., Brookhart, M. A. and Katz, J. N. (2012), Use of disease-modifying medications for rheumatoid arthritis by race and ethnicity in the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 184–189. doi: 10.1002/acr.20674
- Issue published online: 25 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 25 JAN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 OCT 2011 08:59AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 16 MAY 2011
- NIH. Grant Numbers: R01-AR056215, P60-AR47782
- 4Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Rheumatoid arthritis: percentage of members who were diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and who were dispensed at least one ambulatory prescription for a disease modifying anti-rheumatic drug (DMARD). 2010. http://www.qualitymeasures.ahrq.gov/content.aspx?id=33606&search=rheumatoid+arth.
- 5Indirect comparisons of the efficacy of biological antirheumatic agents in rheumatoid arthritis in patients with an inadequate response to conventional disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs or to an anti-tumour necrosis factor agent: a meta-analysis. Ann Rheum Dis 2011; 70: 266–71., , , , , , et al.
- 9National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2007 summary. Natl Health Stat Report 2010; 27: 1–32., , , .
- 13Institute of Medicine (US). Committee on Understanding and Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Unequal treatment: confronting racial and ethnic disparities in health care. Washington (DC): National Academy Press; 2003., , ,
- 21Institute of Medicine (US). Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century. Washington (DC): National Academy Press; 2001.