The content of this paper is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not represent the official views or recommendations of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality or the Department of Health and Human Services.
Data Collection Systems
Touchscreen questionnaire patient data collection in rheumatology practice: Development of a highly successful system using process redesign†
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 4, pages 589–596, April 2012
How to Cite
Newman, E. D., Lerch, V., Jones, J. B. and Stewart, W. (2012), Touchscreen questionnaire patient data collection in rheumatology practice: Development of a highly successful system using process redesign. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 589–596. doi: 10.1002/acr.21560
- Issue online: 27 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 DEC 2011 02:10PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 27 JUL 2011
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Grant Number: HHSA290200600019I
- 5Toward a Multidimensional Health Assessment Questionnaire (MDHAQ): assessment of advanced activities of daily living and psychological status in the patient-friendly health assessment questionnaire format. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 2220–30., , .
- 7A practical guide to scoring a multi-dimensional health assessment questionnaire (MDHAQ) and Routine Assessment of Patient Index Data (RAPID) scores in 10-20 seconds for use in standard clinical care, without rulers, calculators, websites or computers. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 2007; 21: 755–87., , .
- 11Assessment of quality of rheumatoid arthritis care requires joint count and/or patient questionnaire data not found in a usual medical record: examples from studies of premature mortality, changes in clinical status between 1985 and 2000, and a QUEST-RA global perspective. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2007; 25: 86–97., , .
- 13RAPID3 (Routine Assessment of Patient Index Data) on an MDHAQ (Multidimensional Health Assessment Questionnaire): agreement with DAS28 (Disease Activity Score) and CDAI (Clinical Disease Activity Index) activity categories, scored in five versus more than ninety seconds. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2010; 62: 181–9., , , , , , et al.
- 24Institute of Medicine, Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century. Washington (DC): National Academy Press; 2001.
- 27Diffusion of innovations. 5th ed. New York: Free Press; 2003..