Neighborhood disadvantage, individual-level socioeconomic position, and self-reported chronic arthritis: A cross-sectional multilevel study
Article first published online: 23 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 5, pages 721–728, May 2012
How to Cite
Brennan, S. L. and Turrell, G. (2012), Neighborhood disadvantage, individual-level socioeconomic position, and self-reported chronic arthritis: A cross-sectional multilevel study. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 721–728. doi: 10.1002/acr.21590
- Issue published online: 2 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 23 APR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 JAN 2012 11:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 10 OCT 2011
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) of Australia. Grant Numbers: 290521, 497236
- NHMRC Early Career Fellowship. Grant Number: 1012472
- NHMRC Senior Research Fellowship. Grant Number: 1003710
- 1Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Snapshot of arthritis in Australia 2010. Canberra: AIHW; 2010.
- 3Australian Institute for Health and Welfare. Arthritis and osteoporosis in Australia 2008. Canberra: AIHW, National Centre for Monitoring Arthritis and Other Musculoskeletal Conditions; 2008.
- 4Social determinants of health: the solid facts. Copenhagen: World Health Organization European Region; 1998., .
- 5Health inequalities in Australia: morbidity, health behaviours, risk factors and health service use. Canberra: Queensland University of Technology, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; 2006., , , .
- 16The relative contribution of psychological, social, and environmental variables to physical activity. J Phys Act Health 2005; 2: 181–96., , , .
- 18Mail and internet surveys: the tailored design method: Chichester (UK): Wiley; 2000..
- 19Australian Bureau of Statistics. Socio-economic indices for areas (SEIFA): technical paper. Canberra: ABS; 2006.
- 20Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Standard Classification of Occupations. 2nd ed. Canberra: ABS; 1997.
- 21Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2007-08 national health survey: summary of results. Canberra: ABS; 2009.
- 22A user's guide to MLwiN (version 2): documentation version 2.1e. University of Bristol: Bristol; 2003., , , .
- 23Multilevel statistical models. London: Arnold; 2003..
- 24Making democracy work: civic traditions in modern Italy. Princeton (NJ): Princeton University Press; 1993..
- 26Social cohesion, social capital, and health. In: Kawachi I, Berkman L, editors. Social epidemiology. New York: Oxford University Press; 2000. p. 174–90., .
- 31World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe. Mental health, resilience and inequalities. Denmark: World Health Organization; 2009., for the