Dr. Schoen has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from UCB and Abbott and (more than $10,000 each) from Roche, Janssen, and Bristol-Myers Squibb, and owns stock and/or stock options in Abbott, Amgen, Pfizer, and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Decision tool to improve the quality of care in rheumatoid arthritis
Version of Record online: 26 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 7, pages 977–985, July 2012
How to Cite
Fraenkel, L., Peters, E., Charpentier, P., Olsen, B., Errante, L., Schoen, R. T. and Reyna, V. (2012), Decision tool to improve the quality of care in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 977–985. doi: 10.1002/acr.21657
- Issue online: 26 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 26 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 MAR 2012 03:47PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 SEP 2011
- American College of Rheumatology Research and Education Foundation Within Our Reach: Finding a Cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis campaign
- Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center at Yale University School of Medicine
- NIH/National Institute on Aging. Grant Number: P30AG021342
- NSF. Grant Number: SES-1047757
- National Cancer Institute
- National Institute on Aging. Grant Number: RC1AG036915-01
- 12012 update of the 2008 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the use of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and biologic agents in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2012; 64: 625–39., , , , , , et al.
- 14How people make decisions that involve risk: a dual-processes approach. Curr Dir Psychol Sci 2004; 13: 60–6..Direct Link:
- 20REFLEX Trial Group. Rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy: results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial evaluating primary efficacy and safety at twenty-four weeks. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2793–806., , , , , , et al, for the
- 22Efficacy and safety of different doses and retreatment of rituximab: a randomised, placebo-controlled trial in patients who are biological naïve with active rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate (Study Evaluating Rituximab's Efficacy in MTX iNadequate rEsponders (SERENE)). Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69: 1629–35., , , , , , et al.
- 23IL-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab improves treatment outcomes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti-tumour necrosis factor biologicals: results from a 24-week multicentre randomised placebo-controlled trial. Ann Rheum Dis 2008; 67: 1516–23., , , , , , et al.
- 30CHARISMA Study Group. Double-blind randomized controlled clinical trial of the interleukin-6 receptor antagonist, tocilizumab, in European patients with rheumatoid arthritis who had an incomplete response to methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2817–29., , , , , , et al, for the
- 31Improved health-related quality of life for patients with active rheumatoid arthritis receiving rituximab: results of the dose-ranging assessment. International clinical evaluation of rituximab in rheumatoid arthritis (DANCER) trial. J Rheumatol 2008; 35: 20–30., , , , , , et al.
- 35Effect of biologic agents on radiographic progression of rheumatoid arthritis. Rep Med Imaging 2010; 3: 35–44., , .
- 38Improved health-related quality of life for rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with abatacept who have inadequate response to anti-TNF therapy in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre randomized clinical trial. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2006; 45: 1238–46., , , , , , et al.
- 46A proposed continuous quality improvement approach to assessment and management of patients with rheumatoid arthritis without formal joint counts, based on quantitative routine assessment of patient index data (RAPID) scores on a multidimensional health assessment questionnaire (MDHAQ). Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 2007; 21: 789–804., , , , .