The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Mental Health and Arthritis
Anxiety and depression among US adults with arthritis: Prevalence and correlates†
Article first published online: 26 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 7, pages 968–976, July 2012
How to Cite
Murphy, L. B., Sacks, J. J., Brady, T. J., Hootman, J. M. and Chapman, D. P. (2012), Anxiety and depression among US adults with arthritis: Prevalence and correlates. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 968–976. doi: 10.1002/acr.21685
- Issue published online: 26 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 26 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 MAY 2012 10:16AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 2011
- 6Management of generalized anxiety disorder in primary care: identifying the challenges and unmet needs. Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry 2010; 12., , .
- 23Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Arthritis Conditions Health Effects Survey (ACHES) specifications. 2005. URL: http://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/data_statistics/pdf/Specifications_for_ACHES.pdf.
- 26User's manual for the SF-36v2 health survey. 2nd ed. Lincoln (RI): QualityMetric; 2007., , , , , .
- 29US Department of Health and Human Services. 2008 physical activity guidelines for Americans. 2008. URL: http://www.health.gov/paguidelines/guidelines/default.aspx#toc.
- 31Mood disorders. In: Robbins L, Burckhardt CS, Hannan MT, DeHoratius RJ, editors. Clinical care in the rheumatic diseases. 2nd ed. Atlanta: Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals; 2001. p. 261–6., .
- 33Psychological assessment. In: Bartlett S, editor. Clinical care in the rheumatic diseases. 3rd ed. Atlanta: Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals; 2006. p. 67–72., .
- 34US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for depression in adults. 2009. URL: http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/uspstf/uspsaddepr.htm.
- 41A health care provider's recommendation is the most influential factor in taking an arthritis self-management course (SMC): a national perspective from the Arthritis Conditions Health Effects Survey (ACHES) [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56 Suppl: S307–8., , , , , , et al.
- 43American Psychiatric Association. Mood episodes: major depression episode. Episode features: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision (DSM-IV-TR). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2000.