Dr. Curtis has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from UCB, Centocor, Pfizer, BMS, and Abbott, and (more than $10,000 each) from Roche/Genentech, Consortium of Rheumatology Researchers of North America, Amgen, and Crescendo.
Dyslipidemia and changes in lipid profiles associated with rheumatoid arthritis and initiation of anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 9, pages 1282–1291, September 2012
How to Cite
Curtis, J. R., John, A. and Baser, O. (2012), Dyslipidemia and changes in lipid profiles associated with rheumatoid arthritis and initiation of anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 1282–1291. doi: 10.1002/acr.21693
- Issue published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 APR 2012 12:07PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 8 SEP 2011
- NIH. Grant Number: AR-053351
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Grant Number: R01-HS018517
- 5Cardiovascular co-morbidity in rheumatic diseases. Vasc Health Risk Manag 2008; 4: 605–14., , .
- 18British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register Control Centre Consortium, , et al, on behalf of the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Reduction in the incidence of myocardial infarction in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who respond to anti–tumor necrosis factor α therapy: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 2905–12., , , ,
- 22Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel. Detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (Adult Treatment Panel III): final report. Circulation 2002; 106: 3143–421.
- 28Lipid and inflammatory biomarker profiles in patients receiving tocilizumab for rheumatoid arthritis: analysis of five phase 3 clinical trials [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58 Suppl: S531–2., , , , , , et al.
- 29CHARISMA Study Group. Double-blind randomized controlled clinical trial of the interleukin-6 receptor antagonist, tocilizumab, in European patients with rheumatoid arthritis who had an incomplete response to methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2817–29., , , , , , et al, for the
- 30Study of active controlled monotherapy used for rheumatoid arthritis, an IL-6 inhibitor (SAMURAI): evidence of clinical and radiographic benefit from an x ray reader-blinded randomised controlled trial of tocilizumab. Ann Rheum Dis 2007; 66: 1162–7., , , , , , et al.
- 31Long-term safety and tolerability of tocilizumab treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and a mean treatment duration of 2.4 years [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60 Suppl: S731., , , , , .
- 32Safety of tocilizumab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: analysis of median of 2.6 years of treatment in long-tern extension studies [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69 Suppl: 544., , , , , .
- 35Cardiovascular risk in rheumatoid arthritis versus osteoarthritis: acute phase response related decreased insulin sensitivity and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol as well as clustering of metabolic syndrome features in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res 2002; 4: R5., , .
- 37Statistical abstract of the United States : 2000. 120th ed. Washington, DC: US Bureau of the Census; 2000.