Randomized prospective study of a work place ergonomic intervention for individuals with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
Version of Record online: 27 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 10, pages 1527–1535, October 2012
How to Cite
Baldwin, D., Johnstone, B., Ge, B., Hewett, J., Smith, M. and Sharp, G. (2012), Randomized prospective study of a work place ergonomic intervention for individuals with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 1527–1535. doi: 10.1002/acr.21699
- Issue online: 27 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 APR 2012 11:21AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 7 OCT 2011
- National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research of the US Department of Education. Grant Number: H133B031120
- 1Summary health statistics for U.S. adults: National Health Interview Survey, 2002. Vital Health Stat 10 2004; 222: 1–51., , .
- 2Chartbook on work and disability in the United States, 1998. Washington, DC: National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research; 1998., , , .
- 12Department of Health and Human Services (US). Healthy People 2010. 2nd ed. Washington, DC: Department of Health and Human Services; 2000.
- 14Utrecht Rheumatoid Arthritis Cohort Study Group. Overview of work disability in rheumatoid arthritis patients as observed in cross-sectional and longitudinal surveys [review]. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 51: 488–97., , , , , , et al, on behalf of the
- 30Randomized comparison of a multidisciplinary job-retention vocational rehabilitation program with usual outpatient care in patients with chronic arthritis at risk for job loss. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 53: 682–90., , , , , , et al.
- 33Outcomes from the job-raising program, a self-improvement model of vocational rehabilitation among persons with arthritis. J Appl Rehabil Couns 1997; 28: 26–31., , .
- 35Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Workplace health promotion: work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSD) prevention. 2011. URL: http://www.cdc.gov/workplacehealthpromotion/implementation/topics/disorders.html.
- 36European Agency for Occupational Safety and Health at Work. Work-related musculoskeletal disorders: prevention report. Bilbao (Spain): European Agency for Occupational Safety and Health at Work; 2008.
- 40Department of Labor (US). O*Net Resource Center. Washington, DC: Department of Labor; 2004.
- 42Job satisfaction: application, assessment, causes, and consequences. Thousand Oaks (CA): Sage; 1997..
- 45AIMS2 users' guide. Boston (MA): Boston University School of Medicine, Department of Public Health; 1990., .
- 46BSI brief symptom inventory: administration, scoring, and procedures manual. 3rd ed. Minneapolis (MN): National Computer Systems; 1993..