Dr. Curtis has received consultant fees and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Crescendo, Lilly, Merck, and Pfizer, and (more than $10,000 each) from Amgen, Centocor, the Consortium of Rheumatology Researchers of North America, Roche/Genentech, and UCB.
Quality of Care
Physicians' explanations for apparent gaps in the quality of rheumatology care: Results from the US Medicare Physician Quality Reporting System
Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 2, pages 235–243, February 2013
How to Cite
Curtis, J. R., Sharma, P., Arora, T., Bharat, A., Barnes, I., Morrisey, M. A., Kilgore, M., Saag, K. G., Wright, N. C., Yun, H. G. and Delzell, E. (2013), Physicians' explanations for apparent gaps in the quality of rheumatology care: Results from the US Medicare Physician Quality Reporting System. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 235–243. doi: 10.1002/acr.21713
- Issue online: 30 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 MAY 2012 10:25AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 FEB 2012
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Grant Numbers: R01-HS018517, R01-HS018517, U18-HS016956
- NIH. Grant Numbers: AR-053351, AR-052361
- 1Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Quality measures. URL: https://www.cms.gov/qualitymeasures/.
- 2National Quality Forum. Improving healthcare quality. URL: http://www.qualityforum.org/Show_Content.aspx?id=119.
- 3Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Medicare program; hospital inpatient value-based purchasing program: final rule. Fed Regist 2011; 76: 26490–547. URL: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-05-06/pdf/2011-10568.pdf.
- 4American Medical Association. Physician Quality Reporting Initiative measured against AMA's principles for pay for performance programs. URL: http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/368/cms_pqri_chart.pdf.
- 15National Committee for Quality Assurance. Healthcare effectiveness data and information set 2009. URL: http://www.ncqa.org/tabid/784/Default.aspx.
- 16Physician Payment Review Commission. Risk selection and risk adjustment in Medicare. In: Annual report to congress. Washington, DC: Physician Payment Review Commission; 1996. p. 255–79.
- 18Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Medicare Advantage program payment system. URL: http://www.medpac.gov/documents/MedPAC_Payment_Basics_11_MA.pdf.
- 22Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Physician Quality Reporting System. URL: https://www.cms.gov/PQRS/20_AlternativeReportingMechanisms.asp.
- 24Trends in rheumatology practice: a survey of US rheumatologists [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58 Suppl: S747..