Disease-specific knowledge and clinical skills required by community-based physiotherapists to co-manage patients with rheumatoid arthritis
Version of Record online: 27 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 10, pages 1514–1526, October 2012
How to Cite
Briggs, A. M., Fary, R. E., Slater, H., Bragge, P., Chua, J., Keen, H. I. and Chan, M. (2012), Disease-specific knowledge and clinical skills required by community-based physiotherapists to co-manage patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 1514–1526. doi: 10.1002/acr.21727
- Issue online: 27 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 MAY 2012 10:20AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 NOV 2011
- Australian Physiotherapy Research Foundation. Grant Number: T10-PRB001
- Department of Health, Government of Western Australia
- Fellowship from the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council
- 3Australian Bureau of Statistics. National Health Survey 2007–2008. Canberra: ABS; 2009.
- 5Access Economics. Painful realities: the economic impact of arthritis in Australia in 2007. Melbourne: Access Economics; 2007.
- 6Department of Health (Western Australia). Inflammatory arthritis model of care. Perth: Health Networks; 2009.
- 7Arthritis Australia. The ignored majority: the voice of arthritis 2011. A national survey to discover the impact of arthritis on Australians. Sydney: Arthritis Australia; 2011.
- 10Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. Building a 21st century primary health care system: a draft of Australia's first national primary health care strategy. Canberra: Department of Health and Ageing; 2009.
- 13Ottawa Panel. Ottawa Panel evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for therapeutic exercises in the management of rheumatoid arthritis in adults. Phys Ther 2004; 84: 934–72.
- 14Ottawa Panel. Ottawa Panel evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for electrotherapy and thermotherapy interventions in the management of rheumatoid arthritis in adults. Phys Ther 2004; 84: 1016–43.
- 18Royal College of Physicians. Rheumatoid arthritis: national clinical guideline for management and treatment in adults. London: National Collaborating Centre for Chronic Conditions; 2009.
- 19Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. Clinical guideline for the diagnosis and management of early rheumatoid arthritis. Melbourne: RACGP; 2009.
- 20Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. Management of early rheumatoid arthritis: a national clinical guideline. (SIGN publication number 123). Edinburgh: SIGN; 2011.
- 27The Delphi technique in nursing and health research. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell; 2011., , .
- 30AGREE collaboration. Appraisal of Guidelines for Research and Evaluation (AGREE) instrument. London: St George's Hospital Medical School; 2001.
- 33Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. Management of early rheumatoid arthritis: a national clinical guideline. (SIGN publication number 48). Edinburgh: SIGN; 2000.
- 35Indian Physicians Association. Indian guidelines for the management of rheumatoid arthritis. J Assoc Physicians India 2002; 50: 1207–18.
- 36Rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Evid 2003; 9: 1349–71., .
- 44European Union of Medical Specialists Section of Rheumatology/European Board of Rheumatology. Healthcare services for those with musculoskeletal conditions: a rheumatology service. Recommendations of the European Union of Medical Specialists Section of Rheumatology/European Board of Rheumatology 2006. Ann Rheum Dis 2007; 66: 293–301., for the