Comparison of children with onset of juvenile dermatomyositis symptoms before or after their fifth birthday in a UK and Ireland juvenile dermatomyositis cohort study
Article first published online: 27 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 11, pages 1665–1672, November 2012
How to Cite
Martin, N., Krol, P., Smith, S., Beard, L., Pilkington, C. A., Davidson, J., Wedderburn, L. R. and Juvenile Dermatomyositis Research Group (JDRG) (2012), Comparison of children with onset of juvenile dermatomyositis symptoms before or after their fifth birthday in a UK and Ireland juvenile dermatomyositis cohort study. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 1665–1672. doi: 10.1002/acr.21753
- Issue published online: 27 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 27 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 JUN 2012 10:35AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2011
- Cathal Hayes Research Trust, the Wellcome Trust UK. Grant Number: 085860
- Action Medical Research UK. Grant Number: SP4252
- The Henry Smith Charity, Arthritis Research UK. Grant Numbers: 14518, 18796
- Raynaud's and Scleroderma Association
- UK Myositis Support Group
- 1NIAMS Juvenile DM Registry Physician Referral Group. US incidence of juvenile dermatomyositis, 1995–1998: results from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Registry. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 49: 300–5., , , , , , et al, for the
- 9A survey of current practice in the management of Juvenile Dermatomyositis in the UK and Ireland [abstract]. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2011; 29 Suppl: 372., , .
- 11History of infection before the onset of juvenile dermatomyositis: results from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research Registry. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 53: 166–72., , , , , , et al.
- 12Comparison of clinical features and drug therapies among European and Latin American patients with juvenile dermatomyositis. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2011; 29: 117–24., , , , , , et al.
- 15A national registry for juvenile dermatomyositis and other paediatric idiopathic inflammatory myopathies: 10 years' experience; the Juvenile Dermatomyositis National (UK and Ireland) Cohort Biomarker Study and Repository for Idiopathic Inflammatory Myopathies. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2011; 50: 137–45., , , , , , et al.
- 16Juvenile Dermatomyositis Disease Activity Collaborative Study Group. Development of validated disease activity and damage indices for the juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. II. The Childhood Myositis Assessment Scale (CMAS): a quantitative tool for the evaluation of muscle function. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 2213–9., , , , , , et al, in cooperation with the
- 19Juvenile Dermatomyositis Disease Activity Collaborative Study Group. Validation and clinical significance of the Childhood Myositis Assessment Scale for assessment of muscle function in the juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1595–603., , , , , , et al, for the
- 26UK Juvenile Dermatomyositis Research Group. International consensus on a proposed score system for muscle biopsy evaluation in patients with juvenile dermatomyositis: a tool for potential use in clinical trials. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 57: 1192–201., , , , , , et al, on behalf of the
- 29Therapeutic approaches for the treatment of active juvenile dermatomyositis, an international multicenter study [abstract]. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2011; 29 Suppl: 376..
- 32Review of the classification and assessment of the cutaneous manifestations of the idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Dermatol Online J 2009; 15: 2., , , .
- 36Juvenile Dermatomyositis Disease Activity Collaborative Study Group. Preliminary validation and clinical meaning of the cutaneous assessment tool in juvenile dermatomyositis. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 59: 214–21., , , , , , et al, in cooperation with the