Dr. Curtis has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Pfizer, BMS, Crescendo Bioscience, and Abbott and (more than $10,000 each) from Roche/Genentech, UCB, Centocor, Amgen, and the Consortium of Rheumatology Researchers of North America (CORRONA), and has received research support from Amgen, UCB, CORRONA, Genentech, Centocor, Pfizer, and Crescendo Bioscience.
Validation of a novel multibiomarker test to assess rheumatoid arthritis disease activity
Article first published online: 28 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 12, pages 1794–1803, December 2012
How to Cite
Curtis, J. R., van der Helm-van Mil, A. H., Knevel, R., Huizinga, T. W., Haney, D. J., Shen, Y., Ramanujan, S., Cavet, G., Centola, M., Hesterberg, L. K., Chernoff, D., Ford, K., Shadick, N. A., Hamburger, M., Fleischmann, R., Keystone, E. and Weinblatt, M. E. (2012), Validation of a novel multibiomarker test to assess rheumatoid arthritis disease activity. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 1794–1803. doi: 10.1002/acr.21767
- Issue published online: 28 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 28 NOV 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 JUN 2012 10:17AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 JAN 2012
- Crescendo Bioscience
- Biogen Idec
- NIH. Grant Numbers: AR053351, AR058964, AR058989, AR057133
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Grant Number: R01HS018517
- 12012 update of the 2008 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the use of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and biologic agents in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2012; 64: 625–39., , , , , , et al.
- 42012 Physician Quality Reporting System measure list and implementation guide. 2011. URL: https://www.cms.gov/PQRS/Downloads/2012_PhysQualRptg_ImplementationGuide_MeasuresList_12152011.zip.
- 5Clinical and radiographic outcomes of four different treatment strategies in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (the BeSt study): a randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 3381–90., , , , , , et al.
- 12A proposed continuous quality improvement approach to assessment and management of patients with rheumatoid arthritis without formal joint counts, based on quantitative Routine Assessment of Patient Index Data (RAPID) scores on a Multidimensional Health Assessment Questionnaire (MDHAQ). Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 2007; 21: 789–804., , , , .
- 13RAPID3 (Routine Assessment of Patient Index Data 3), a rheumatoid arthritis index without formal joint counts for routine care: proposed severity categories compared to Disease Activity Score and Clinical Disease Activity Index categories. J Rheumatol 2008; 35: 2136–47., , , .
- 22Erythrocyte sedimentation rate, C-reactive protein, or rheumatoid factor are normal at presentation in 35%-45% of patients with rheumatoid arthritis seen between 1980 and 2004: analyses from Finland and the United States. J Rheumatol 2009; 36: 1387–90., .
- 23Development of a multi-biomarker test for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) disease activity [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69 Suppl: 148., , , , , , et al.
- 26Validation of the 28-joint Disease Activity Score (DAS28) and European League Against Rheumatism response criteria based on C-reactive protein against disease progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and comparison with the DAS28 based on erythrocyte sedimentation rate. Ann Rheum Dis 2009; 68: 954–60., , , , , , et al.
- 27RA population characteristics in InFoRM, a longitudinal observational study [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69 Suppl: 657., , , , , , et al.
- 32Assay development for precise measurement of disease activity serum biomarkers [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69 Suppl: 179., , , , , , et al.
- 33Performance of serum biomarkers and multivariate biomarker-based test to measure disease activity in early rheumatoid arthritis treated according to the CAMERA protocol [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69 Suppl: 350., , , , , , et al.
- 39RAPID3 (Routine Assessment of Patient Index Data) on an MDHAQ (Multidimensional Health Assessment Questionnaire): agreement with DAS28 (Disease Activity Score) and CDAI (Clinical Disease Activity Index) activity categories, scored in five versus more than ninety seconds. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2010; 62: 181–9., , , , , , et al.
- 49Robustness of a novel multi-biomarker score for RA disease activity (Vectra DA) across a spectrum of co-morbidities and smoking status [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2011; 70 Suppl: 446., , , , , , et al.