Special Theme Articles: Obesity and the Rheumatic Diseases
Obesity and reduction of the response rate to anti–tumor necrosis factor α in rheumatoid arthritis: An approach to a personalized medicine
Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 1, pages 94–100, January 2013
How to Cite
Gremese, E., Carletto, A., Padovan, M., Atzeni, F., Raffeiner, B., Giardina, A. R., Favalli, E. G., Erre, G. L., Gorla, R., Galeazzi, M., Foti, R., Cantini, F., Salvarani, C., Olivieri, I., Lapadula, G., Ferraccioli, G. and for the Gruppo Italiano di Studio sulle Early Arthritis (GISEA) (2013), Obesity and reduction of the response rate to anti–tumor necrosis factor α in rheumatoid arthritis: An approach to a personalized medicine. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 94–100. doi: 10.1002/acr.21768
- Issue online: 27 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 21 JUN 2012 09:06AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 JAN 2012
- 2Adiposity, joint and systemic inflammation: the additional risk of having a metabolic syndrome in rheumatoid arthritis. Swiss Med Wkly 2011; 141: w13211., .
- 3Obesity as a risk factor for osteoarthritis: mechanical versus metabolic. Med Health R I 2004; 87: 201–4..
- 14National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults: the evidence report. Obes Res 1998; 6 Suppl: 51S–209S.
- 25Body mass index is associated with decreased response to initial and delayed treatment with dose escalated infliximab in patients with recent onset rheumatoid arthritis [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2011; 63 Suppl: S156–7., , , , , , et al.
- 26Impact of body mass index on response to etanercept therapy in subjects with moderately active rheumatoid arthritis in the PRESERVE trial [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2011; 63 Suppl: S154., , , .