Do patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis in clinical remission have evidence of persistent inflammation on 3T magnetic resonance imaging?
Article first published online: 28 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 64, Issue 12, pages 1846–1854, December 2012
How to Cite
Brown, A., Hirsch, R., Laor, T., Hannon, M. J., Levesque, M. C., Starz, T., Francis, K. and Kwoh, C. K. (2012), Do patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis in clinical remission have evidence of persistent inflammation on 3T magnetic resonance imaging?. Arthritis Care Res, 64: 1846–1854. doi: 10.1002/acr.21774
- Issue published online: 28 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 28 NOV 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 JUN 2012 11:27AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 4 NOV 2011
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- NIH. Grant Numbers: R21-AR-056690, T32-AR-052282, P60-AR-054731
- 11Remission status follow-up in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. J Pediatr (Rio J) 2007; 83: 141–8., , .
- 16Presence of significant synovitis in rheumatoid arthritis patients with disease-modifying antirheumatic drug–induced clinical remission: evidence from an imaging study may explain structural progression. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3761–73., , , , , , et al.
- 21Clinical features of rheumatoid arthritis. In: Firestein G, editor. Kelley's textbook of rheumatology. 8th ed. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders Company; 2008. p. 1087–118., .
- 30Associations between the American College of Rheumatology pediatric response measures and the continuous measures of disease activity used in adult rheumatoid arthritis: a secondary analysis of clinical trial data from children with polyarticular-course juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 3776–83., , .
- 33High frequency of subclinical ultrasound-detected synovitis in juvenile idiopathic arthritis patients with clinically-defined inactive disease [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62 Suppl: S933., , , , , .
- 34Limitations of a quantitative swollen and tender joint count to assess and monitor patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis 2008; 66: 216–23..
- 39High prevalence of temporomandibular joint arthritis at disease onset in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis, as detected by magnetic resonance imaging but not by ultrasound. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58: 1189–96., , , , , , et al.
- 412011 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritis: initiation and safety monitoring of therapeutic agents for the treatment of arthritis and systemic features. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2011; 63: 465–82., , , , , , et al.
- 45Remission in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: current facts. Curr Rheumatol Rep 2010; 12: 80–6., .