Influence of ethnicity on childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus: Results from a multiethnic multicenter Canadian cohort
Article first published online: 27 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 1, pages 152–160, January 2013
How to Cite
Levy, D. M., Peschken, C. A., Tucker, L. B., Chédeville, G., Huber, A. M., Pope, J. E., the Canadian Network for Improved Outcomes in SLE 1000 Faces Investigators and Silverman, E. D. (2013), Influence of ethnicity on childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus: Results from a multiethnic multicenter Canadian cohort. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 152–160. doi: 10.1002/acr.21779
- Issue published online: 27 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 27 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 JUN 2012 09:32AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 JAN 2012
- The Arthritis Society National Office. Grant Number: TAS04/0049
- Lupus Canada
- Lupus Ontario
- BC Lupus
- Arthritis and Autoimmune Research Centre Foundation
- NIH/National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: K23-AR-053202
- 11Statistics Canada. Canada's ethnocultural mosaic, 2006 Census. 2008. URL: http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/english/census06/analysis/ethnicorigin/pdf/97-562-XIE2006001.pdf
- 16Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology. Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1725., for the
- 17Statistics Canada. 2001. URL: http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/english/census01/Products/Reference/dict/pop040.htm.
- 18Sensitivity of the Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Activity Index, British Isles Lupus Assessment Group Index, and Systemic Lupus Activity Measure in the evaluation of clinical change in childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 1354–60., , , .
- 26The embodiment of inequity: health disparities in aboriginal Canada. Can J Public Health 2005; Suppl 2: S45–61..
- 29Statistics Canada. Median total income, by family type, by census metropolitan area. 2011. URL: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/famil107a-eng.htm.
- 43The association of socio-economic status, race, psychosocial factors and outcome in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatology (Oxford) 1999; 38: 1130–7., , , , .
- 46Pediatric Rheumatology International Trials Organization (PRINTO). A proposal for a pediatric version of the Systemic Lupus International Collaborating Clinics/American College of Rheumatology Damage Index based on the analysis of 1,015 patients with juvenile-onset systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2989–96., , , , , , et al, for the