Dr. Rodd has received consultancy fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from the Association of Endocrinologists of Quebec and BC Children's Hospital.
Special Theme Articles: Obesity and the Rheumatic Diseases
Glucocorticoid-related changes in body mass index among children and adolescents with rheumatic diseases
Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 1, pages 113–121, January 2013
How to Cite
Shiff, N. J., Brant, R., Guzman, J., Cabral, D. A., Huber, A. M., Miettunen, P. M., Roth, J., Scuccimarri, R., Alos, N., Atkinson, S. A., Collet, J. P., Couch, R., Cummings, E. A., Dent, P. B., Ellsworth, J., Hay, J., Houghton, K., Jurencak, R., Lang, B., Larche, M., LeBlanc, C., Rodd, C., Saint-Cyr, C., Stein, R., Stephure, D., Taback, S., Rauch, F., Ward, L. M. and and The Canadian Steroid-associated Osteoporosis in the Pediatric Population Consortium (2013), Glucocorticoid-related changes in body mass index among children and adolescents with rheumatic diseases. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 113–121. doi: 10.1002/acr.21785
- Issue online: 27 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 JUL 2012 02:52PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 1 FEB 2012
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Women and Children's Health Research Institute
- University of Alberta
- Clinician Investigator Program
- University of British Columbia
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Frederick Banting and Charles Best Canada Graduate Scholarship Master Award
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research New Investigator Award
- Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Career Enhancement Award
- Research Chair Award from the University of Ottawa
- 6Influence of adiposity on arterial stiffness in healthy children[abstract]. Circulation 2008; 118: S1115., , , , , , et al.
- 7Advanced “vascular age” in children with dyslipidemia [abstract]. Circulation 2008; 118: S1056., , , , , .
- 8Left atrial size is independently associated with body mass index in children [abstract]. Circulation 2008; 118: S1154., , .
- 18Limiting obesity in children with rheumatic diseases requiring corticosteroid therapy [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54 Suppl: S529., , .
- 23Canadian Steroid -Associated Osteoporosis in the Pediatric Population (STOPP) Consortium. Prevalent vertebral fractures among children initiating glucocorticoid therapy for the treatment of rheumatic disorders. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2010; 62: 516–26., , , , , , et al, and the
- 24Canadian Steroid -Associated Osteoporosis in the Pediatric Population (STOPP) Consortium. Incident vertebral fractures among children with rheumatic disorders 12 months after glucocorticoid initiation: a national observational study. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2012; 64: 122–31., , , , , , et al, and the
- 25Advanced vertebral fracture among newly diagnosed children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of the Canadian Steroid-Associated Osteoporosis in the Pediatric Population (STOPP) research program. J Bone Miner Res 2009; 24: 1326–34., , , , , , et al.
- 27Development and testing of the Habitual Activity Estimation Scale. In: Armstrong N. Children and exercise XIX. 2nd ed. Exeter: Singer Press; 2006..
- 28Development of the Habitual Activity Estimation Scale for clinical research: a systematic approach. Pediatr Exerc Sci 2006; 18: 193., .
- 29Juvenile Dermatomyositis Disease Activity Collaborative Study Group. Development of validated disease activity and damage indices for the juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies: I. Physician, parent, and patient global assessments. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1976–83., , , , , , et al, in cooperation with the
- 33Cassidy J, Petty R, Laxer R, Lindsley C, editors. The textbook of pediatric rheumatology. 6th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 2011.
- 41R Development Core Team. R: a language and environment for statistical computing. Vienna: R Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2011. URL: http://www.R-project.org/.