Special Theme Articles: Obesity and the Rheumatic Diseases
Body mass index, obesity, and prevalent gout in the United States in 1988–1994 and 2007–2010
Article first published online: 27 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 1, pages 127–132, January 2013
How to Cite
Juraschek, S. P., Miller, E. R. and Gelber, A. C. (2013), Body mass index, obesity, and prevalent gout in the United States in 1988–1994 and 2007–2010. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 127–132. doi: 10.1002/acr.21791
- Issue published online: 27 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 27 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 JUL 2012 02:50PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 31 JAN 2012
- NIH/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Cardiovascular Epidemiology Training Grant. Grant Number: T32-HL-007024
- Donald B. and Dorothy Stabler Foundation
- 3Centers for Disease Control. NHANES-NHANES III: reports and reference manuals. 1988. URL: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nh3rrm.htm.
- 4Centers for Disease Control. NHANES-NHANES 1999-2010: manuals, brochures, and consent documents. 1999. URL: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/.
- 5World Health Organization Expert Committee on Physical Status. Physical status: the use and interpretation of anthropometry. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1995.
- 8Validity of self-reported height, weight, and body mass index: findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2001-2006. Prev Chronic Dis 2009; 6: A121., .