This manuscript was prepared using the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) public use data set and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of the OAI Investigators, the NIH, or the private funding partners.
Special Theme Articles: Obesity and the Rheumatic Diseases
Excess body weight and four-year function outcomes: Comparison of African Americans and whites in a prospective study of osteoarthritis†
Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 1, pages 5–14, January 2013
How to Cite
Colbert, C. J., Almagor, O., Chmiel, J. S., Song, J., Dunlop, D., Hayes, K. W. and Sharma, L. (2013), Excess body weight and four-year function outcomes: Comparison of African Americans and whites in a prospective study of osteoarthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 5–14. doi: 10.1002/acr.21811
- Issue online: 27 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 JUL 2012 09:56AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 1 FEB 2012
- NIH. Grant Numbers: N01-AR-2-2258, N01-AR-2-2259, N01-AR-2-2260, N01-AR-2-2261, N01-AR-2-2262
- OAI Study Investigators
- Merck Research Laboratories
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Foundation for the NIH
- 16Atlas of individual radiographic features in osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 1995; 3 Suppl A: 3–70., , , , .
- 17National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's (NHLBI) North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO). The practical guide: identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults. Rockville (MD): National Institutes of Health; 2000.
- 19Validation study of WOMAC: a health status instrument for measuring clinically important patient relevant outcomes following total hip and knee arthroplasty in osteoarthritis. J Ortho Rheum 1988; 1: 95–108., , , , .
- 23The CES-D Scale: a self-report depression scale for research in the general population. Appl Psychol Meas 1977; 1: 385–401..