Dr. Bombardier holds a Canada Research Chair in Knowledge Transfer for Musculoskeletal Care (2002–2016) and a Pfizer Research Chair in Rheumatology.
Serious infections in a population-based cohort of 86,039 seniors with rheumatoid arthritis
Article first published online: 26 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 3, pages 353–361, March 2013
How to Cite
Widdifield, J., Bernatsky, S., Paterson, J. M., Gunraj, N., Thorne, J. C., Pope, J., Cividino, A. and Bombardier, C. (2013), Serious infections in a population-based cohort of 86,039 seniors with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 353–361. doi: 10.1002/acr.21812
- Issue published online: 21 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 JUL 2012 09:56AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 JAN 2012
- Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, a nonprofit research corporation funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research. Grant Numbers: 82717, 83264
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Drug Innovation Fund
- Career award from the Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec
- 6Effectiveness of tumor necrosis factor inhibitors in rheumatoid arthritis in an observational cohort study: comparison of patients according to their eligibility for major randomized clinical trials. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3399–407., , , , , , et al.
- 7Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Ontario Health Insurance Plan: the program. 2008. URL: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/.
- 8World Health Organization. International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1979.
- 9Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Ontario Drug Benefit: the program. 2008. URL: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/program/drugs/odbf_mn.html.
- 10Canadian Institute for Health Information. The CIHI Data Quality Framework. Ottawa (ON): CIHI; 2009.
- 11Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences. Improving health care data in Ontario: ICES investigative report. Toronto: ICES; 2005.
- 12Musculoskeletal conditions. In: Bierman AS, editor. Project for an Ontario Women's Health evidence-based report: volume 2. Toronto: St. Michael's Hospital and Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences; 2010. p. 1–198., , , , , , et al.
- 24Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and the risk of hospitalization for pneumonia: associations with prednisone, disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs, and anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 628–34., , .
- 32Emerging fungal infections in immunocompromised patients. F1000 Med Rep 2011; 3: 14., .
- 42Novel approaches to pharmacoepidemiology study design and statistical analysis. In: Strom BL, editor. Pharmacoepidemiology. New York: John Wiley; 2000. p. 785–805..
- 43CANRAD Network. Consensus statements for the use of administrative health data in rheumatic disease research and surveillance. J Rheumatol 2012. E-pub ahead of print., , , , for the
- 45Evaluation of the association between disease activity and risk of serious infections in subjects with rheumatoid arthritis when treated with etanercept or disease-modifying anti- rheumatic drugs [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2011; 63 Suppl: S163., , , , , .