Dr. Singh has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Abbott, URL, Novartis, Allergan, and Savient, and (more than $10,000 each) from Ardea and Takeda, and has received investigator-initiated research grants from Savient, Takeda, Allergan, Wyeth, and Amgen.
Patient race and surgical outcomes after total knee arthroplasty: An analysis of a large regional database†
Version of Record online: 26 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 3, pages 414–420, March 2013
How to Cite
Blum, M. A., Singh, J. A., Lee, G.-C., Richardson, D., Chen, W. and Ibrahim, S. A. (2013), Patient race and surgical outcomes after total knee arthroplasty: An analysis of a large regional database. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 414–420. doi: 10.1002/acr.21834
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States Government.
- Issue online: 21 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 26 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 AUG 2012 03:05PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 16 NOV 2011
- NIH. Grant Number: Clinical Translational Science Award 1-KL2-RR-024151-01
- NIH/National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: 1-K24-AR-055259-06
- Zimmer and Smith & Nephew
- 2Challenges with health-related quality of life assessment in arthroplasty patients: problems and solutions. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2010; 18: 72–82., , .
- 3Health-related quality of life in total hip and total knee arthroplasty: a qualitative and systematic review of the literature. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2004; 86A: 963–74., , , , .
- 4Disparities in orthopaedic surgical intervention. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2007; Suppl 1: S13–7..
- 5Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Racial disparities in total knee replacement among medicare enrollees-United States, 2000–2006. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2009; 58: 133–8.
- 15Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council. 2012. URL: http://www.phc4.org/council/mission.htm.
- 16Testing of 3M's APR-DRG risk adjustment for hospital mortality outcomes [abstract]. Acad Health Serv Res Health Pol 2002; 19: 11., , .
- 24Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry. Hip and knee arthroplasty annual report 2008. 2011. URL: http://www.dmac.adelaide.edu.au/aoanjrr/documents/aoanjrrreport_2008.pdf.
- 28Why are total knee replacements revised? Analysis of early revision in a community knee implant registry. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2004; 428: 100–6., , , , .
- 33Association between hospital and surgeon volume and the outcomes of total knee replacement. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2004; 86A: 1909–16., , , , , .