Dr. Wildi has received a bursary from the Swiss National Science Foundation.
Assessment of Cartilage Changes Over Time in Knee Osteoarthritis Disease-Modifying Osteoarthritis Drug Trials Using Semiquantitative and Quantitative Methods: Pros and Cons
Version of Record online: 23 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 5, pages 686–694, May 2013
How to Cite
Wildi, L. M., Martel-Pelletier, J., Abram, F., Moser, T., Raynauld, J.-P. and Pelletier, J.-P. (2013), Assessment of Cartilage Changes Over Time in Knee Osteoarthritis Disease-Modifying Osteoarthritis Drug Trials Using Semiquantitative and Quantitative Methods: Pros and Cons. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 686–694. doi: 10.1002/acr.21890
- Issue online: 23 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 23 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 NOV 2012 01:13PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAY 2012
- Merckle (Ulm, Germany)
- ArthroLab Inc. (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- 6Comparison of BLOKS and WORMS scoring systems part I. Cross sectional comparison of methods to assess cartilage morphology, meniscal damage and bone marrow lesions on knee MRI: data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2010; 18: 1393–401., , , , , , et al.
- 14Chondroitin sulphate reduces both cartilage volume loss and bone marrow lesions in knee osteoarthritis patients starting as early as 6 months after initiation of therapy: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study using MRI. Ann Rheum Dis 2011; 70: 982–9., , , , , , et al.
- 15An open-label pilot study evaluating by magnetic resonance imaging the potential for a disease-modifying effect of celecoxib compared to a modelized historical control cohort in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis. Semin Arthritis Rheum 2010; 40: 185–92., , , , , , et al.
- 20Choice of pulse sequences for magnetic resonance imaging–based semiquantitative assessment of cartilage defects in osteoarthritis research: comment on the article by Doré et al [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62: 3830–1., , .
- 23Magnetic resonance imaging of articular cartilage of the knee: comparison between fat-suppressed three-dimensional SPGR imaging, fat-suppressed FSE imaging, and fat-suppressed three-dimensional DEFT imaging, and correlation with arthroscopy. J Magn Reson Imaging 2004; 20: 857–64., , , , , , et al.
- 40Statistical significant change versus relevant or important change in (quasi) experimental design: some conceptual and methodological problems in estimating magnitude of intervention-related change in health services research. Int J Integr Care 2002; 2: e15., .