Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://olabout.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-817008.html
Version of Record online: 23 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 5, pages 737–744, May 2013
How to Cite
Stanmore, E. K., Oldham, J., Skelton, D. A., O'Neill, T., Pilling, M., Campbell, A. J. and Todd, C. (2013), Fall Incidence and Outcomes of Falls in a Prospective Study of Adults With Rheumatoid Arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 737–744. doi: 10.1002/acr.21892
The authors are responsible for the content herein. Statements herein should not be construed as endorsement by Arthritis Research UK or the Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility.
- Issue online: 23 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 23 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 NOV 2012 01:13PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 14 FEB 2012
- Arthritis Research UK Allied Health Professional Fellowship. Grant Number: 18010
- Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility. Grant Number: 06834
- 10World Health Organization. WHO global report on falls prevention in older age. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2007.
- 11Interventions for preventing falls in older people living in the community. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009; 2: CD007146., , , , , , et al.
- 13The Short FES-I: a shortened version of the Falls Efficacy Scale-International to assess fear of falling. Age Ageing 2008; 37: 44–50., , , , , , et al.
- 18The use of confidence or fiducial limits illustrated in the case of the binomial. Biometrika 1934; 26: 404–13., .
- 19StatsDirect Ltd. StatsDirect statistical software. 2008. URL: http://www.statsdirect.com.
- 20World Health Organization (WHO) International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1992.
- 21SPSS Inc. SPSS 16.0 for Windows, release 16.0.2. Chicago: SPSS; 2008.
- 25Epidemiology in old age. London: Blackwell BMJ Books; 1996., .
- 27Perceptions of patients and professionals on rheumatoid arthritis care: a consultancy report by The King's Fund for the Rheumatology Futures Group. London: The King's Fund; 2009., .
- 30Department of Health. The National Service framework for older people. London: Department of Health; 2001.
- 31National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). Falls: the assessment and prevention of falls in older people: clinical guideline 21. London: NICE; 2004.