Original Articles: Vertebral Fracture
Vertebral Fracture Assessment by Dual X-Ray Absorptiometry: A Valid Tool to Detect Vertebral Fractures in Community-Dwelling Older Adults in a Population-Based Survey
Version of Record online: 23 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 5, pages 809–815, May 2013
How to Cite
Domiciano, D. S., Figueiredo, C. P., Lopes, J. B., Kuroishi, M. E., Takayama, L., Caparbo, V. F., Fuller, P., Menezes, P. R., Scazufca, M., Bonfa, E. and Pereira, R. M. R. (2013), Vertebral Fracture Assessment by Dual X-Ray Absorptiometry: A Valid Tool to Detect Vertebral Fractures in Community-Dwelling Older Adults in a Population-Based Survey. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 809–815. doi: 10.1002/acr.21905
- Issue online: 23 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 23 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 4 DEC 2012 04:07PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 APR 2012
- FAPESP. Grant Number: 03/09313-0
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior
- Federico Foundation
- CNPq. Grant Number: 300559/2009-7
- Federico Foundation
- 7Prevalent vertebral deformities predict increased mortality and increased fracture rate in both men and women: a 10-year population-based study of 598 individuals from the Swedish cohort in the European Vertebral Osteoporosis Study. Osteoporos Int 2003; 14: 61–8., , , , .
- 10National Osteoporosis Foundation 2008 clinician's guide to prevention and treatment of osteoporosis and the World Health Organization Fracture Risk Assessment Tool (FRAX): what they mean to the bone densitometrist and bone technologist. J Clin Densitom 2008; 11: 473–7., , , .
- 28Identification of vertebral deformities in women: comparison of radiological assessment and quantitative morphometry using morphometric radiography and morphometric x-ray absorptiometry. J Bone Miner Res 2000; 15: 575–85., , , .
- 32Medicare program : Medicare coverage of and payment for bone mass measurements—HCFA. Interim final rule with comment period. Fed Regist 1998; 63: 34320–8.
- 37Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation Investigators. Efficacy of raloxifene on vertebral fracture risk reduction in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis: four-year results from a randomized clinical trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002; 87: 3609–17., , , , , , et al, for the