Dr. Beall has received speaking fees from Abbott (less than $10,000).
Choosing wisely: The American College of Rheumatology's top 5 list of things physicians and patients should question
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 3, pages 329–339, March 2013
How to Cite
Yazdany, J., Schmajuk, G., Robbins, M., Daikh, D., Beall, A., Yelin, E., Barton, J., Carlson, A., Margaretten, M., Zell, J., Gensler, L. S., Kelly, V., Saag, K., King, C. and The American College of Rheumatology Core Membership Group (2013), Choosing wisely: The American College of Rheumatology's top 5 list of things physicians and patients should question. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 329–339. doi: 10.1002/acr.21930
- Issue published online: 21 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 7 SEP 2012
- NIH. Grant Number: K23-AR060259
- American College of Rheumatology
- 3ABIM Foundation, American Board of Internal Medicine, ACP-ASIM Foundation, American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine, European Federation of Internal Medicine. Medical professionalism in the new millennium: a physician charter. Ann Intern Med 2002; 136: 243–6.
- 4The Delphi method: techniques and applications. Reading (MA): Addison-Wesley; 1975., .
- 5Constructing grounded theory: a practical guide through qualitative analysis. Thousand Oaks (CA): Sage Publications; 2006..
- 11Appropriate use of screening and diagnostic tests to foster high-value, cost-conscious care. Ann Intern Med 2012; 156: 147–9., , , , , , et al.
- 19American College of Rheumatology. Position Statement, methodology of testing for antinuclear antibodies. 2011. URL: http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/position/ana_position_stmt.pdf.
- 20Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Lyme disease diagnosis and treatment. 2011. URL: www.cdc.gov/lyme/diagnosistreatment/index.html.
- 21American College of Physicians. Guidelines for laboratory evaluation in the diagnosis of Lyme disease. Ann Intern Med 1997; 127: 1106–8.
- 22Lyme disease. Ann Intern Med 2012; 157: ITC2–1..
- 25Lyme disease knowledge, beliefs, and practices of New Hampshire primary care physicians. J Am Board Fam Pract 2002; 15: 277–84., , , .
- 312012 update of the 2008 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the use of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and biologic agents in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2012; 64: 625–39., , , , , , et al.
- 33American College of Rheumatology Extremity Magnetic Resonance Imaging Task Force. Extremity magnetic resonance imaging in rheumatoid arthritis: report of the American College of Rheumatology Extremity Magnetic Resonance Imaging Task Force. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1034–47.
- 34The value of magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasound in undifferentiated arthritis: a systematic review. J Rheumatol Suppl 2011; 87: 31–7., , , .
- 35Magnetic resonance imaging in psoriatic arthritis: update on current status and future perspectives: a report from the GRAPPA 2010 annual meeting. J Rheumatol 2012; 39: 408–12., .
- 38Cost-effectiveness of adding magnetic resonance imaging to rheumatoid arthritis management. Arch Intern Med 2011; 171: 657–67., , .
- 42Cost-effectiveness of biologics in early rheumatoid arthritis [letter]. Ann Intern Med 2010; 152: 333–4., , .
- 44National Osteoporosis Foundation. Clinician's guide to prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. Washington, DC: National Osteoporosis Foundation; 2010. p. 1–36.
- 45US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for osteoporosis: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement. Ann Intern Med 2011; 154: 356–64.
- 53Relationship between changes in BMD and nonvertebral fracture incidence associated with risedronate: reduction in risk of nonvertebral fracture is not related to change in BMD. J Bone Miner Res 2005; 20: 2097–104., , , .